Screenshots Feature: Disciples III Finds US Publisher - New Screenshots Released
We've got some fresh screenshots on this upcoming sequel to the venerable turn-based fantasy series!
We've just received some hot news on the upcoming third game in the Disciples franchise. Kalypso Media has been named as the publisher for North America and select areas of Europe. Disciples III: Renaissance will be a stand-alone expansion of the turn-based fantasy RPG. It is expected to offer "stunning" 3D environments, three playable races, and multiplayer functionality. It is expected to be released on the PC this summer.
“Disciples III: Renaissance is a perfect fit with Kalypso’s portfolio of top-quality strategy games, and we are excited to partner with Akella to release this title to gamers around the world,” said Simon Hellwig, Managing Director, Kalypso Media. “Disciples III is poised to take this award-winning strategy franchise to the next level by appealing to existing fans and newcomers to the series.”
“Everyone at Akella has a deep respect and love for the Disciples brand,” said Dmitry Arkhipov, Vice-President of Development at Akella. “Our team is dedicated and passionate about ensuring that Disciples III: Renaissance takes the franchise further by providing fans more dynamic gameplay and deeper strategies in an incredibly atmospheric and rich 3D world. Kalypso is the perfect partner to work with to ensure that Disciples III: Renaissance will be delivered to gamers around the world.”
Disciples III: Renaissance is the next title in the award winning Disciples series and represents a leap forward in the evolution of the turn-based strategy RPG genre. Building on the successes of the first two games, Disciples III: Renaissance introduces a host of new features as well as the compelling gameplay that made the previous titles so popular.
- Three playable races - The Empire, the Legions of the Damned and the Elven Alliance. Each race has unique units and city designs.
- Cities, locations, units and other game assets are now represented in full 3D
- Advances in gameplay allow increased fluidity in multiplayer games and less downtime in single-player games
- A new upgrade system allows the player to assign attributes to their leader units. This system employs inventories and new stats and abilities
- Visual representation of characters’ equipped armor, weapons and artifacts