Last Days of Old Earth coming to Steam Early Access in March10 Feb 2016 1
Back in 2007 Cryptic Comet released a classic 4X, turn-based strategy game called Armageddon Empires. I was too young to have played it back then (I was only in my mid-30's) but I heard tales of how it might be one of the best video games ever created. Okay, one person told me that, but it stuck. The folks at Auroch Digital seem to be in this camp as well, as they've been busy creating a spiritual successor to Armageddon Empires called Last Days of Old Earth.
Last Days of Old Earth is a 4X strategy game that combines tactical strategy with card play. It's coming to Steam Early Access for PC on March 3. Unlike most games in Early Access, LDoOE is pretty far along. The Early Access version will offer both single player and online multiplayer content. That's not all you'll get on day one of Early Access:
- Explore the frost-covered ruins of the far future, discovering settlements and ruined cities, as well as satellites and space stations that have crashed back down to Earth. Discover and exploit resources to build your armies and defeat your opponents.
- Play as the Skywatchers Clan, the last inheritors of the once-great human legacy, or as the mysterious Automata, the robotic sentinels created by a vanished civilization for an unknown purpose - two different factions with very different play-styles.
- Build your own customized army from 30 unique units: tough Northwalk Veteran infantry, ancient Bearcat Landship tanks, the city-sized VN Walker mecha and many more.
- Use terrain to your advantage! Climb hills and mountains to gain increased line of sight, and hide in forests and ruins to shield your forces from attack.
- Fight your opponent’s army in thrilling turn-based battles, where smart tactics and clever deployment can tilt the odds, even against foes with superior numbers.
- Deploy 24 unique heroes to lead your armies with powerful game-twisting special abilities.
- Over 60 special abilities to attach to your heroes and units. Combine them within your armies to discover the best synergies for your play style.
- A skirmish mode that uses a randomly-generated map system, offering a different theatre of war every single game.
- Challenging but 100% fair AI opponents.
- A rich multiplayer offering, to take the hard-earned skills from single player, into the online arena.
Below you'll find a trailer that introduces the game and the depth of strategy you can expect from LDoOE. The development team will also be streaming on their Twitch channel this Friday at 2pm EST. Don't worry, if you can't make the livestream, we'll try to post the full video once it's uploaded to YouTube.