Remnant - 4X space strategy game for PC, Mac and Linux seeks Kickstarter support27 May 2015 0
Whilst rummaging around Kickstarter to see what new projects are looking for some crowdsourced funding this one caught my eye as one that our readers might like to know about. Continues the current trend of space games looking for funding – check it out.
The description of the game from the developer is:
“Remnant is a real-time 4X space strategy game set in a single planetary system. As the leader of a rising faction, take command of operations and lead your people to prosperity as you acquire resources, build fleets, expand your influence and dominate your new home system.
Some of the features that make Remnant unique are:
- Full 3D Battles: Combat takes place in completely open space with full six degrees of freedom. No tiles. No grids. Simplified Newtonian physics allow movement in one direction while facing (and attacking) another.
- Espionage: A complex espionage system involving agents that gain experience and level up. Capture or assassinate other player's governors, admirals and spies or disrupt their progress through sabotage and subterfuge.
- Ship Customization: Customize every detail of your ship: firepower, support systems, engines, name, emblems and colour scheme.
- Dynamic Map: All planets, moons and asteroids move in orbit as the game progresses. Colonizing a moon will keep the colony at arm's length but not yield as many resources as capturing the more vulnerable outer planets and asteroids.
- Logistics: Resources are local to each planet rather than empire wide. The transportation of resources from mining worlds to forge worlds create emergent supply lines that are vulnerable to disruption.”
Also have a look at their promo video: