Snow begins to fall in Cities: Skylines18 Feb 2016 0
Considering that, where I am, it's snowed the last three days, I'm not sure how excited I am to add that junk to my video games. Oh, who am I kidding? Paradox could introduce an STD expansion to Cities: Skylines and I wouldn't be able to resist picking it up. Luckily, however, they're not introducing the need for penicillin shots, instead they're introducing weather with the latest expansion, Snowfall.
Snowfall will add weather effects and all that good stuff that goes along with them. Now you'll have to worry about snow plows and heating costs shooting through the roof as the temperature plummets. That's if you actually buy the expansion. There's also been a free update released that will include fog and rain as well as a bunch of other fixes:
- Expanded public transportation UI
- Line detail / visibility icons
- Public transport lines panel (sorting of lines by name, vehicle count, passenger count or number of stops, color and renaming and day/night/daynight lines settings) available from the public transport info view
- Theme editor
- Added information on which custom map theme is used for a map to New game, Load game, New map and Load map panels, including the theme author name
- Warning added when trying to use a map or save that has a missing custom map theme
- New map panel allows custom themes when starting a new map
- Chirper variations
- 5 new Steam achievements
- Thermometer shows current temperature either in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Trams/taxi in info view now scalable size
And that's just the free stuff! Head here to see all the changes in the latest patch, and all the new content you get if you buy the Snowfall expansion.