The Mongols are Coming Crusader Kings II update Horse Lords brings nomads to the fore04 Jun 2015 0
In a flurry of horse related similes Paradox Interactive have announced that the 8th – yes, 8th! – expansion to their hugely successful Crusader Kings II franchise is heading our way. Mongols, Turks and the like are the order of the day this time as the nomad hordes aim to decent onto your PC.
The game has come a long way since James Allen reviewed the original CK2 release for us back in 2011 (read it here), however, the expansions just keep on rolling out.
What they say is on the way in the new expansion:
Features in the coming Horse Lords expansion include:
- Nomadic rule: Distinct from the tribal governments already in game, nomads need lots of space and resist the trappings of settlement
- Clan politics: Rule a clan within a nomadic tribe, split clans that get too large, fight for dominance, and proclaim feuds and blood oaths
- Muster Hordes: Raise vast armies of horsemen and archers, mobilizing your entire population to ride forth and conquer
- Silk Road: This rich trade network can bring great wealth to whomever controls the cities along the route – but it’s especially ripe for pillaging.
- Larger Map: The Central Asian plains have been expanded
- Tributaries: New diplomatic relationship for nomad states forces defeated enemies to keep the Khan’s coffers filled.
- Forts: build temporary fortifications to hold a province under your sway for just long enough for you to finish the war.