Hustlertwo

A Good Dev is Hard to Find

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Almost a year ago, I came up with what I believe is a very solid idea for a mobile SRPG. The problem is, I do not know how to code. I have a couple friends who do but they have day jobs and don't have the time to bite off a project of this size. So I ask: does anyone know a way around this? Is there a place to go to find willing coders to partner with on a project, or do they typically all have games of their own to make and are not interested in collaboration? Or is the only way this thing will ever see the light of day if I take the time and try to figure out how to make it myself in between job and family obligations? I hate to give up on the idea but I am a bit at a loss on where to go, so any suggestions are welcome.

EICJoe

Re: A Good Dev is Hard to Find

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:06 pm

I know what you mean - a friend of mine comes up with ideas like that too, but she doesn't know how to code and doesn't even have friends who do.

She even asked me if I knew anyone and it's not really that simple. There must be some sort of crowd-sourcing site for budding coders looking for things to collaborate on or practice their skills?

I guess the thing is it's probably not as simple to make as it is to come up with the idea, which means we're into "this is a serious project" territory. Hard to get into something like that with strangers.

Good luck anyway! If I come up with anything I'll post here.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com

Hustlertwo

Re: A Good Dev is Hard to Find

Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:33 am

Ha, crowd-sourcing makes me think of that new Takl app for getting people to do your chores. Would be a hoot to put 'code my mobile game' on there just to see how they would respond.

Thanks anyhow for the response. I do not anticipate finding an easy answer, but we have not because we ask not.

Return to “Games Development”