admin
Site Admin

Steve Jackson's Ogre Is Finally Getting a PC Release

Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:17 am

Way before Munchkin and all of the friendships that game destroyed, Steve Jackson created something called Ogre.

http://www.wargamer.com/news/ogre-is-finally-getting-a-pc-release/

miker42

Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:48 pm

I bought the Kickstarter Designer's Edition and I'm ashamed to say it's still sealed in the original shipping carton. Problem is, I don't have the room to set it up and most of my gaming friends are X-Wing only. Still it was cool being a part of the whole renewal.

Wulf_der_Sturm

Re: Steve Jackson's Ogre Is Finally Getting a PC Release

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:59 am

Followed the Kickstarter, but ultimately didn't pledge because with all the stretch goals, the game was just getting too unwieldy to play on a reasonable basis. I did pick up the re-print of the original ziplock version. Now I hear they're putting out a more reasonable version of the main board game now, so I might look into that.

Played the original computer version on the Commodore 64 way back in the day, and that was a great game. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to run on most of the C64 emulators out there today. Hopefully they stick to a straightforward translation of the board game and stay away from the RTS/Free-To-Play models.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”