admin
Site Admin

Review: Tigers on the Hunt: Kursk

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Our compatriot James Cobb reviewed the base game of the WWII board game sim Tigers on the Hunt (TotH) almost a year ago. Today, developers Siliconsoft Systems Inc.

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/review-tigers-on-the-hunt-kursk/

kevinkin

Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Surprised someone in the community can't help proof read for the designer. The code maybe of the highest quality but spelling and grammar mistakes will detract from that. I remember years ago I was proof reading a label and the consumer affairs number was off by one digit. In fact, it was a phone sex number. Proofing reading saved over 100K in labels and a lot of damage to the brand.

uncajerf

Re:

Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:33 am

kevinkin wrote:Surprised someone in the community can't help proof read for the designer. The code maybe of the highest quality but spelling and grammar mistakes will detract from that. I remember years ago I was proof reading a label and the consumer affairs number was off by one digit. In fact, it was a phone sex number. Proofing reading saved over 100K in labels and a lot of damage to the brand.

Thanx for reading & commenting, kevinkin. It puzzles me as well. I suspect it's trying to do things 'on the cheap'. IMO no excuse, since, as you suggest, surely someone could volunteer -- then again, often you get what you pay for. I also understand that not everyone is fluent in English. But then, you would think that marketing would ensure it's as professional as possible, no matter a product's target(s).

JRR

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”