admin
Site Admin

STRATEGIC COMMAND WWII: WAR IN EUROPE – France in Five [Part One]

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:45 pm

This article carries on my play-through of Fury Software’s Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe (SC:WiE), which started here and here.

http://www.wargamer.com/news/strategic-command-wwii-war-in-europe-france-in-five-part-one/

mahibardascq

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:32 am

"I operate as many as possible" Thats a huuuuge waste of MPPs. You can force-march your troops from Poland to France for free. And all those MPPs can go toward building your army for Barbarossa.

EICJoe

Re: STRATEGIC COMMAND WWII: WAR IN EUROPE – France in Five [Part One]

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:50 am

Thanks for the tip! :)
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

uncajerf

Re:

Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:34 pm

mahibardascq wrote:"I operate as many as possible" Thats a huuuuge waste of MPPs. You can force-march your troops from Poland to France for free. And all those MPPs can go toward building your army for Barbarossa.

Thanx for reading and commenting, mahibardascq. As I've mentioned, a Forced March takes a great toll on Morale and Readiness, so it's a trade-off. When I say, "as many as possible", that's what I meant: Operating all is not possible/affordable, but neither is it desirable to Force March all, as you want at least some units in good fighting shape upon arrival. That is, unless you intend to wait to attack until they've recovered all that, in which case I would agree with you -- except that you want to limit your enemies' time to build up and ready themselves.

That's the beauty of SC:WiE; everything's a choice or trade-off. :)

Apologies if I wasn't clear.

Thanx again, and I hope you'll keep reading and commenting!

JRR

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”