admin
Site Admin

P500 Prognostication – a look down the road at GMT

Thu May 11, 2017 4:00 pm

While primarily a tabletop gamer, hex and counter wargames are part of my DNA. In fact I was introduced to wargaming thru the venue of a little trinket called Panzerblitz,...

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/p500-prognostication-a-look-down-the-road-at-gmt/

mbrosco

Fri May 12, 2017 12:09 am

This is a great article on unquestionably one of the best game companies around. GMT's commitment to quality is second to none. The P500 system is a fantastic value for gamers and a wonderful litmus test for GMT to verify ROI for a game. If you have the patience to wait it out you get a quality game at a very nice discount.

I'm not sure if you found this post from the company founder when researching this article but I think he does a great job of summing up his market strategy, business philosophy, and over all state of the company in this article. http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=11404

ArizonaTank

Tue May 23, 2017 7:58 pm

If number of units sold was the only yardstick, then the industry is indeed in decline.

However, like many things, I believe that technology has changed the landscape. It is now very easy for game publishers to connect with customers, printers, designers and developers. The result is a higher number of quality games, sometimes published at ridiculously low volumes.

I have been gaming for more than 40 years. And IMHO this is absolutely the best time I can remember in terms of quality and variety and of war board games.

Much more troubling in my mind is the greying of the war board game customer base. Certainly there are younger folks playing these great games. But the new players are just a handful compared to those that are starting to enter board game Valhalla.

Sadly, there are just too many wargame estate sales on Ebay.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”