admin
Site Admin

Legacy Review: France ’14

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Ein Fuhrers Befehl from our friendly editor was received recently, so it looks like I will be alternating tabletop duties with some computer gaming.

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/legacy-review-france-14/

AP514

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:34 pm

How is the AI ? I find most of Tillers Games are made for player vs player. The AI put into his games seem to be a distant afterthought with units being feed into the line piecemeal.

hmgs1@hotmail.com

Re: Legacy Review: France ’14

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:15 am

Yes, I believe it does, although this depends on how you define challenging and how you define realistic. Most AI's regardless are made with an eye towards reacting to human decisions with an ultimate goal of game victory IMHO, with any AI planning keyed in the same direction. Performing per historical doctrine is not necessarily a priority. However, France 14 is OK here because most battles were some sort of large or small meeting engagement, so doctrine was in many respects an afterthought historically. The game does tend to feed in units, but in 1914 this actually happened a lot. From what I saw, the AI here is fine.

If not, you can always change the Advantage slider towards the AI, use optional rules (IMHO do use "counterbattery fire"), use AI Orders and for a real test, use Automatic with FOW (Fog of War).

Regards,

Colonel Bill
www.wargamer.com

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”