admin
Site Admin

Review: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Total War: Warhammer 2 is the fantasy strategy game that everyone is excited this year. However, it does have its own share of lazy design decisions, repetitive gameplay and distressingly...

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/review-dominions-5-warriors-of-the-faith/

Gamer_Hudson

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:35 pm

It just seems like nothing ever changes with this game or work is ever put into it. Then again I buy Madden football every year so what do I know. But MAN I hate that interface and the strange clicking method it uses. I LOATHE IT. I just cant justify picking up a copy until some changes are made to update it.

RovertFugazi_1

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Does this come with a tutorial, does anyone know?

JcDent

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:14 am

Does this come with a tutorial, does anyone know?

It does! However, once you click on it, it says "pick up the manual..." so it's a very old school tutorial.

Me, I learned to play it via trial and error, and reading an LP.

oldrocker99

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:24 pm

I have been solo playing Dominions since I paid $54.95 for Dominions 3 in 2011. I think that it is the very vest fantasy TBS 4X game ever released. Dominions 5 adds the usual new nations, new units, new spells, changes in the mechanics, and, for the first time, has real-time battles, which is BIG, and allows units to be sent to a province that is more than one turn away, which is HUGE.

GAMER_HUDSON, there has been an enormous amount of work put into this new iteration. You can easily get used to the interface, which again has been improved.

And they finally changed the music to something that doesn't drive my wife up the wall!

People bitch about the price, but the only game I can think of that allows so many, many hours of gameplay is Neverwinter Nights, which is imminently coming our from Beamdog (who have already released Enhanced Editions of BG1+2, ID, and (huzzah!) Planescape:Torment) in its own Enhanced Edition. You get, IMHO, a huge bang for the buck with either game.

I'm a Linux gamer, and one reason I started playing Dominions was its availability for Linux. Now that Steam has 2500+ games for Linux, it is still the game I play the most often.

Buy it; if you are a wargamer, you'll be in heaven.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”