admin
Site Admin

Review: Clad in Iron: Philippines 1898

Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:00 pm

The usual narrative of the naval action of the Spanish-American War begins with Admiral Dewey’s smashing of the Spanish squadron in Manilla Bay, and then skips to the crushing of...

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/review-clad-in-iron-philippines-1898/

Jack Adlevankin

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Excellent review, but I would like to add a few replicas.

1. In this scenario, you can not build new ships.
2. Over the past 7 years, the game has changed a lot, but it does not catch sight. There was an excellent system of manual control of artillery, a control system for the complex maneuvers of the squadron (it is possible to divide, dissolve and reassemble the squdron). Developers added the ability to finish the battle at any time in automatic mode.

For example, a damaged ship was doomed before. Now ship can give the command to leave the line ahead column, turn on the damage control mode, and after the repair, give the command to return to the line to the former place or to the end of the column.

The game has become much better over the past time and will improve further. It's still not a very dynamic game, but all the naval simulators are like that. This is an excellent game for fans of the genre.

I know that this is not a commercial project and anyone can join or help make the game better.

Bismarck

Re: Review: Clad in Iron: Philippines 1898

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:44 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. The series has improved dramatically over the years as I mentioned in the last paragraph.
Jim Cobb

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”