admin
Site Admin

Approach Vector - May Edition

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Welcome back, shoppers. Cash that cheque and loosen the purse-strings; this month puts the May in mayday, as credit ratings burn in magnificent pyres of indulgence and canny purchases.

http://www.wargamer.com/news/approach-vector-may-edition/

OBollocks

Approach You May

Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:35 pm

At last, Shadow of the Horned Rat comes full circle! My word, that game was a fruitless exercise in frustration (wonderful chat about it on Three Moves Ahead last year: https://www.idlethumbs.net/3ma/episodes ... horned-rat).

Sengoku Jidai looks lovely.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Alex Connolly

Re: Approach Vector - May Edition

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:22 pm

Personally most excited for TransOcean 2, because if they can deliver on the whole 'one hour multiplayer Greek shipping magnate sim' thing, I'm sold. Trading games need a kick in the pants. This could be it.

rinelk

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Alex Connolly wrote:Personally most excited for TransOcean 2, because if they can deliver on the whole 'one hour multiplayer Greek shipping magnate sim' thing, I'm sold. Trading games need a kick in the pants. This could be it.

I started reacting to that with disagreement, invoking my general disenchantment with the genre. In the space of three sentences you persuaded me that this was exactly why I should be interested. Well done!

Alex Connolly

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:29 am

rinelk wrote:
Alex Connolly wrote:Personally most excited for TransOcean 2, because if they can deliver on the whole 'one hour multiplayer Greek shipping magnate sim' thing, I'm sold. Trading games need a kick in the pants. This could be it.

I started reacting to that with disagreement, invoking my general disenchantment with the genre. In the space of three sentences you persuaded me that this was exactly why I should be interested. Well done!

The first game was good, but had a really strange arcade docking/departure mini game that glugged up the early game before players could afford pilot and tug fees to automate proceedings. No multiplayer, either.

Here's hoping the condensed human factor can add the cathartic but rarely exciting buy low/sell high beats of the genre. There's an array of subterfuge cards you can play, too. I'll give it a good seeing to, or my name isn't Alexandros Konnopolis.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”