admin
Site Admin

Firaxis announces Civilization VI

Wed May 11, 2016 7:01 pm

I know I'm not alone when I say that Sid Meier's Civilization series has produced some of the greatest moments on my PC.

http://www.wargamer.com/news/firaxis-announces-civilization-vi/

OBollocks

Re: Firaxis announces Civilization VI

Thu May 12, 2016 2:09 pm

They've brought Ed Beach on board, designer of Here I Stand and Virgin Queen, which are incredible board games.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

largevisiblemachine

Thu May 12, 2016 10:11 pm

OBollocks wrote:They've brought Ed Beach on board, designer of Here I Stand and Virgin Queen, which are incredible board games.

He's been on board for a while already though right? Worked on Civ V and lead the design of Gods & Kings and Brave New World. Should be good.

OBollocks

Fri May 13, 2016 12:53 am

Yes, I assume his work on G&K/BNW is what got him lead designer for VI. I knew he worked on the expansions for V, I didn't know he was the lead designer for them.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Private Prinny

Mon May 16, 2016 12:05 am

I am really excited for this!

I may have a huge backlog and all but the Game on PC which isn't Guild Wars 1 and 2 where I spent several hundreds of hours is Civ 5.

I am one of the very few people who liked Civ5 more than every other Civ out there (yes even more then Civ4) and will play this one to death from day one again. Best thing which could happen to Civ was going from Squares to Hexes (I kid you not)

Beyond Earth did leave me cold and bored but this will be fun...now lets hope the graphics shown until now are not final....as I am not to fond of the new look....

brick1960

Wed May 18, 2016 10:53 am

I am looking forward to this release I just hope they do not continue on the pacifist path that 4 and 5 took were they really worked to make military domination the harder way to win than diplomacy or technology.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”