admin
Site Admin

First Look: Divided We Fall

Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:15 pm

As with many titles that have made the long march across more than a decade of development, the core mission of Divided We Fall (née Call of Combat) is a...

http://www.wargamer.com/news/first-look-divided-we-fall/

AP514

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:16 pm

This used to be named HQ or Command some thing a few years back. ?

I Got this a few weeks ago...Very High learning curve due to the fact you play against players that have been in the game for a long time. There is no Gaming against players at your own LeveL of skill..So, you get Seal Clubbed constantly making it hard to actually learn the game.(If you could play against players with a lower skill Level you could actually have a little more time to figure out how to make moves and the time it takes for Grenades ect. to go off)
The SEAL CLUBBING leads to a lot of Newer player Bailing out of the Game....and the low player count on the SERVER....

IMO save your 10 bucks and just move on....

Wulf_der_Sturm

Re: First Look: Divided We Fall

Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:46 am

No AI? That's kind of basic these days, and would address the "Seal Clubbing" issue.

That said, I would love to see a good WW2 themed MOBA.

EICJoe

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:53 am

Wulf_der_Sturm wrote:No AI? That's kind of basic these days, and would address the "Seal Clubbing" issue.

That said, I would love to see a good WW2 themed MOBA.

It does have a very 'eSports' quality to it.

Seal-clubbing is a bit of an issue I think, but the alternative seems to be the Seals having no-one to play against, as the server populations are quite low. When I tried it out for the first time I was getting smashed, but the guys I was playing with were REALLY helpful, and the guy on my team didn't complain once he was lumped with a noob like me.

Once you get the hang of the basics, even a low-skill person like me can start holding their own though. ATM the meta is all about grenades, using them to knock people over, then going in close for the kill.

The fast paced nature is certainly fascinating, to say the least.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

AntoineKAVA

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:34 am

Hello there, I'm one of the main developers of Divided We Fall. Thanks for the article, it's a very rewarding thing to see.

The Seal Clubbing is a big concern for us, and it is something we are dead set on fixing. Since the release we have implemented servers reserved for newer players, and we are currently working on a tutorial with simple scripted AI for "seals" to learn the basics without being bothered (or clubbed).

We are also progressively improving on the interface and gameplay to make the game clearer and smooth out that steep learning curve. Because once you get the basic gameplay, you start working with your team tactically and strategically which is what our game is all about.
Do not hesitate to check the game from time to time as we make very regular updates, and we are very open to feedback and discussions.

Zapatero

Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:14 pm

EICJoe wrote:When I tried it out for the first time I was getting smashed, but the guys I was playing with were REALLY helpful, and the guy on my team didn't complain once he was lumped with a noob like me.

Same here, although the guys I played with went one better and invited me onto a map for some slow-paced training. Tiny community, but very helpful.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”