admin
Site Admin

Armored Warfare: Impressions & Global Operations

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:51 pm

The breakthrough multiplayer hit World of Tanks has inspired a number of like-minded games and simulations in recent years, not least among them Armored Warfare and War Thunder - the...

http://www.wargamer.com/news/armored-warfare-impressions-and-global-operations/

CarcinoKV

Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm really enjoying Global ops so far, my only gripe is that often the UAVs/Bombing Runs/Pillboxes spawn on the other side of the map from the losing team, giving them even less opportunities to take objectives.

Tigermate

Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:09 pm

I had high hopes for AW, and joined the Alpha test in late 2015. Unfortunately, My.Com and OE have made a series of strategic blunders that has driven away so many players that were fed up with WoT. Now, AW is mainly catering to the PVE player, and the introduction of the new Global Operations game mode has driven yet another wedge between a small and dwindling population. If you like CoD, but in pixel tanks, then this might flick your switch - but if you actually want some form of team-based, tactical, tank-based game, where skill is rewarded, then I'd advise keep looking for another game - AW is nothing more than a WoT clone that caters for the skill floor; ideal if you are happy to shoot badly programed AI bots, but if you actually want to play with another person, you'll be disappointed.

Tigermate - NA server (ex) AW player.

Son_of Anarchy

Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Blunders or not AW is way better to its players then WOT ... if you like being placed in battle after battle of games you have no possible chance of winning what so ever.. then World of tanks is for you.
World of tanks has their players so baffled with bullshit that it should be illegal.
They've really got the art of profit from addiction down pat ... they are no better then drug lords and should be arrested.
So world of tankers .. keep funding war gamming... all they are is modern day terrorist who con people into thinking that they are your friend and give you little in return.
enjoy the hundreds of thousands of hours that you'll spend trying to achieve a worthless goal while they laugh at you all the way to the bank.

Tigermate

Re:

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Son_of Anarchy wrote:Blunders or not AW is way better to its players then WOT ... if you like being placed in battle after battle of games you have no possible chance of winning what so ever.. then World of tanks is for you.
World of tanks has their players so baffled with bullshit that it should be illegal.
They've really got the art of profit from addiction down pat ... they are no better then drug lords and should be arrested.
So world of tankers .. keep funding war gamming... all they are is modern day terrorist who con people into thinking that they are your friend and give you little in return.
enjoy the hundreds of thousands of hours that you'll spend trying to achieve a worthless goal while they laugh at you all the way to the bank.

Excellent and well thought through review of WoT, wait this was an AW review. 1/10 would not read again.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”