admin
Site Admin

Mobile Warfare: A Wargamer's Guide to Gaming on Vacation

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Occasionally I and the spouse save up enough shekels for a really nice vacation, of which our destination usually involves a cruise ship.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/mobile-warfare-a-wargamers-guide-to-gaming-on-vacation/

badrain

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:03 pm

Great article!

Still, i'm going to be nitpicky about some facts.
GOG is not "Good Old Games" anymore. Rebranding took place around 2012 when they branched out to indie and AAA market. They are just GOG.COM now.
Second thing, the company is from Poland, not from Cyprus.

hmgs1@hotmail.com

Re: Mobile Warfare: A Wargamer's Guide to Gaming on Vacation

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Yes, I was aware that they rebranded to just "GOG" but left it that way for familiarity. That's how most seem to remember it.

GOG being Polish is a little more complex. I noticed the Cyprus address at the bottom of one of their products while researching the article, so I thought I'd take a look and here is what I THINK reality is. GOG Ltd is a Cypriot company (Florinis 7, Greg Tower, 6th floor, 1065 Nicosia, Republic of Cyprus) and wholly owned subsidiary of CD Projekt out of Warsaw. All of the games distribution and payments are evidently run out of Cyprus. Earlier this year CD Projekt created GOG Poland and on 22 May 2017 drew up draft documents to merge GOG Ltd with GOG Poland and move all operations to Warsaw. I couldn't easily find a record of approval and merger date, so I left it as Cyprus. I figured that would be less confusing and it sounds spiffier anyway.

If you are interested, here is a link to the merger document - http://files.gog.com/company_reorganiza ... _PL_EN.pdf

Ciao, Colonel Bill

badrain

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:39 pm

Yeah, i get you :-) I guess all that confusion about Cyprus is because of taxes or other legal issues. Some companies back in the day (or even today) were based there for some commercial benefits. Still, it was a polish company then (started by CDP Investments) as it's now. Same with e.g infamous G2A which is based in China as I remember... but it's a polish company as well.

Not really important, like i said... nitpicky :)

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”