admin
Site Admin

Red Dawn: A Russian Civil War Megagame AAR [Final Part & Analysis]

Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:34 pm

Welcome back to the final part of our after action report of my time at Red Dawn – the Russian Civil War Megagame.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/red-dawn-a-russian-civil-war-megagame-aar-final-part-and-analysis/

EICJoe

Re: Red Dawn: A Russian Civil War Megagame AAR [Final Part & Analysis]

Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Note A: A clarification of the make-up of this grouping. There were two players on the ‘Anarchist’ team, one who represented Nester Mankno’s ‘Black’ Anarchist faction, and another who represented the Union for the Defence of the Motherland, a left-wing group that, much like the KOMUCH, hated the Tsar but hated what the Bolshevik’s were doing even more. At some point they were joined by a player who represented RADA – the Ukrainian Nationalists who wanted a democratically free and independent Ukraine.

The UDM guy, Julian, had cards he could put into position to try and stage uprisings against the owner of a city. I’m not sure if he did it to anyone else, but he never managed to do it to one of mine AFAIK. Julian was also the guy responsible for getting Stalin to agree to the peace deal and generally had been a minor, but consistent pain in my butt all day.

He held a lot of sway over Makno & the RADA, so it was fortunate I managed to convince the Anarchists to help with the White’s destruction. Julian would later admit that their main aim was to make sure neither White nor Red won.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”