If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Is anyone aware of a CC5 patch that deals with the odd arrival of US Engineers and the overly easy destuction of AT guns by indeirect fire?
I did come across one a while back, but it messed up the game a lot and didn't really work well - it was a beta though.
Have you installed the 5.01 patch?
I cannot recall if it is patched now. I've downloaded from the link you gave and will probably check it out tonight. At least I have a patch if not. Does this patch fix the quirky arrival of the US Engineers and the extremely vulnerability of AT guns to indirect fire?
Thanks for that
release notes for the Close Combat: Invasion Normandy patch
Since the initial reports of bugs in Close Combat: Invasion: Normandy by forum, email, or phone, we have been working feverishly to get a comprehensive patch out to our players. The description below is a summary of our work.
We appreciate and recognize the dedication of our fans all over the world, whose attention to detail and historical context help us make these patches possible.
Mathew ‘JP4’ Herman - (former) Associate Producer Atomic Games, Inc.
II) Overview A
1. The bug that prevented the AI from filling empty slots in the BG when out of supply has been fixed.
2. Related to that the bug that prevented the AI from replacing heavily wounded and/or KIA soldiers when out of supply has been fixed.
3. The Panzer III H 5cm no longer refuses to rotate its turret.
1. The U.S. Engineers no longer enter play at Cap de la Hague.
2. Mortar effectiveness against vehicles has been reduced.
3. AT guns have increased survivability vs. mortars.
4. The bug that prevented German rifle grenades from being fired in buildings has been fixed.
5. The reload time for the SVT-40 has been corrected.
6. The ammo load-out for the Panzer II has been corrected.
7. The default setting for the Georgian Ost/709th BG has been tweaked to lower the number of mortars it deploys.
8. The maximum range of hand grenades has been increased to improve the results of close assaulting armored units.
9. AT gun pits no longer have the “courtyard” element.
10. The size of the German 3.7cm AT gun has been corrected.
11. The .50 cal ammo belts now have 110 rounds each.
C. User Interface
1. The saved games on a Client computer now show the correct game settings on the Command screen.
2. The default Force Moral settings have been corrected. It is now off for single battles and on for campaigns and operations.
3. The spelling of SVT-40 has been corrected on the roll over text in the Battle Group screen.
1. The bug that was crashing a multiplayer game when Germans added mortar support has been fixed.
2. The bug that crashed a multiplayer game if the Host moved from the Debrief screen to the Strategic screen while the Client was receiving results has been fixed.
3. The German player is no longer notified that the U.S. player has a Naval Strike available during a battle.
4. The date and turn counter during campaign/operation play now behave correctly.
1. The SS Marder III 7.5cm now uses the correct graphic.
1. The misspelling of Cotentin has been fixed on the Airfield briefing.
2. The misspelling in the Chef du Pont briefing has been fixed.