Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: MMO for Panzers/Tread-heads

Page 5 of 80 :

All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > MMO for Panzers/Tread-heads
13 AUG 2010 at 3:50pm

Armchair General

Centurion
Centurion

The light fast tanks in the game are just as important at the heavies. They scout out the enemy, cause him to lose valuable time trying to destroy you, allow the artillery, spg's and tanks to snipe from across the board. They are the hardest to play well because they have to constantly dodge enemy fire without any direct help from the team. I have lost more battle because some light tank got in my back field forcing my team to deal with him than get into a proper defensive or battle formation. I wish I had that talent because I would be much sought after!

Profile Search

13 AUG 2010 at 3:55pm

Tpek

Commander
Commander

I guess they will implement mid-tier only battles. I do hope btw, they will then implement special battles meant for all tiers, where it allocates many lower tier tanks per higher tier ones. In order to create interesting battles. Many weak tanks and few tough ones, battling it out. Also hopefully they will change it so it's Soviets vs Germans and not combined teams.

Profile Search
13 AUG 2010 at 6:54pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Tpek
I guess they will implement mid-tier only battles. I do hope btw, they will then implement special battles meant for all tiers, where it allocates many lower tier tanks per higher tier ones. In order to create interesting battles. Many weak tanks and few tough ones, battling it out. Also hopefully they will change it so it's Soviets vs Germans and not combined teams.
They're working on Mid Tier battles from what I understand.  But if they're gonna do that, they need to give the mid and low tiers a bonus for joining the all-tier ones, else those will have none of the smaller scouts and such.

Are you brave enough for 640kb?

The Old Guard

Profile Search
13 AUG 2010 at 7:00pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Well, tried scouting in 3 missions. In the first 2 I got loads of credits and xp (over 300 XP and 3000 credits!!!!!), but I also shot a lot of tanks and even damaged some then. In the third I did nothing but scout and got pitiful amount of money and only 66 (WTF?!) XP. Mind you, I seem to be cursed, whenever I manage to knock down some tank into being able to be killed in 1 shot, either some ally kills him before me, stealing the glory or I get 1 shot at his rear, only to find that this time the shot did not penetrate or do anything, and of course a second later some ally blows the enemy up. Premium so far seems useless for my Tier 3 Tank. I get so little XP&Credits that 50% would be nothing. Turning 150 gold into 60K seems a HELL LOT more profitable right now. Still got 450 gold in my bank though. Not enough to get a premium tank, but once I get a new tank, then perhaps some 75%-ers for it. [
]
If you get premium, use your noob tanks in the lowbie missions for money if you don't have any penetration capable ones in the big time.  I should've specified that you want to score damage while using it.  An SPG or an up-gunned TD will get you to that point faster in the full-tier matches.  If you get killed, leave the match and join with a different tank and alternate to be more efficient.  When scouting, use auto-aim on an SPG or light tank and just focus on evasively driving fast (and at angles to enemies) while popping off a round whenever you feel like it.  You can get lucky with those shots sometimes.

The Old Guard

Profile Search
13 AUG 2010 at 7:31pm

Tpek

Commander
Commander

I do land hits on tanks, but either I don't damage them or I do and then immediately an ally finishes them off, depriving me of the kill. And even in Newbie matches I hardly earn anything, even with 3 kills. I have no idea how one could earn 30K in a match. Maybe those guys who manage to score 10 kills with their King Tiger, but otherwise, the sums seem imaginary to me.

Profile Search
13 AUG 2010 at 9:32pm

DennisS

Commander
Commander

On the something awful forums is a 111 page thread on this game. http://forums.something...umdisplay.php?forumid=44 I have learned an immense amount of information about this game...certainly enough to purchase it when it is released. There be good reading here.

Profile Search
14 AUG 2010 at 3:58am

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

I do land hits on tanks, but either I don't damage them or I do and then immediately an ally finishes them off, depriving me of the kill. And even in Newbie matches I hardly earn anything, even with 3 kills. I have no idea how one could earn 30K in a match. Maybe those guys who manage to score 10 kills with their King Tiger, but otherwise, the sums seem imaginary to me.
Yes, the bigger tanks with bigger guns do bigger damage, hence they get more rewards.  They still don't make hardly anything if they get killed, though.  The cost of repairs and ammo skyrockets in the higher tiers.  I noticed someone said he wasn't playing his Tiger tonight because he needed to make better credits so I think he was in his upgraded VK. I forgot one thing about scoring damage and the related rewards: Use HE rounds if you can't penetrate.  They have a better chance of critting and can cause some minor structural damage even without a penetration.  You get rewards for crits so the HE can help that. 

The Old Guard

Profile Search
14 AUG 2010 at 4:00am

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By DennisS
On the something awful forums is a 111 page thread on this game. http://forums.something...umdisplay.php?forumid=44 I have learned an immense amount of information about this game...certainly enough to purchase it when it is released. There be good reading here.
It's going to be free-to-play. [
]  No initial purchase required. However, I'll likely give them some money here & there for the gold credits for an occasional premium account.  They've earned my money if they can get everything in line for release.   This thing is so much fun.  Maybe we should eventually get a Wargamer clan going after release sometime. Thanks for the link!

The Old Guard

Profile Search
14 AUG 2010 at 11:46am

Tpek

Commander
Commander

Don't know about repair costs. I'm with my Tier 4 tank now, and I am making MUCH more money, double the Tier 3 amount and sometimes more. The only problem is that this tank (T-2
is friggin huge.

Profile Search
14 AUG 2010 at 12:24pm

Qualm

Centurion
Centurion

I'm currently doing the long painful Tier 3 grind, in a T-46 and a PIII AusF.  Other than occasionally damaging a Hetzer or momentarily distracting a T34 or two, I'm finding life very Hobbesian: nasty, brutish, and short.  The tiered battle system cannot come soon enough for me. The game is very, very good, but I think they will need a few things before this is a success: a bunch more maps, more modes than just team deathmatch, and possibly more tactical options that just drive-and-shoot (deployable caltrops?  deployable bridges over map obstacles?).  Right now the game is a much, much narrower version of a Battlefield series online game.  Probably too narrow for anyone to play long-term.

Profile Search
14 AUG 2010 at 1:02pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

I don't know if any of you have played recently, but they're doing some odd server adjustments "over the next few days" so you'll be seeing lots of lag.  It is very frustrating right now due to all the jumping/warping/hitching.  I don't know if I'll play much until they get their network stuff fixed.  I find it very odd that they start working on something like that and leave things in a half broken state in the meantime. I know it's beta, but I've never seen anyone do it this way and take so long to do it.  Save those golds for when it's back up to par. [
]

The Old Guard

Profile Search

14 AUG 2010 at 2:44pm

Arctic Blast

Commander
Commander

Yeah, after seeing a bunch of that server lag and having a frustrating day of play, I think I'm shelving this for awhile...at least until some new maps appear on the scene.

Profile Search
15 AUG 2010 at 1:25pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Arctic Blast
Yeah, after seeing a bunch of that server lag and having a frustrating day of play, I think I'm shelving this for awhile...at least until some new maps appear on the scene.
The open beta version has new maps.  I don't know when that will be, though.  Probably another month?

The Old Guard

Profile Search
15 AUG 2010 at 2:43pm

Tpek

Commander
Commander

I've read in the general chat that there are talks of October. I don't know if October is the release date or if they are then going to do an open beta (not that this one is a very closed one) though. And of course, it could have been nonsense, and someone just made that date up.

Profile Search
15 AUG 2010 at 7:24pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

A dev on their forums mentioned something about "autumn".  I don't know if it was open beta or release, though.  I'm thinking open beta.  They still don't have a North American server up yet and will likely have to stress test that too. The current stress test lag hasn't been bad the last couple hours.  Maybe the biggest load issues have been worked out thus far.

The Old Guard

Profile Search
17 AUG 2010 at 10:28am

Armchair General

Centurion
Centurion

My current tank is a  a fully loaded Tiger 1, 3601 and an Su-85. I was saving up for the Su-100 but decided to get a gun rammer(+10% to reloading) and a periscope (+25% to viewing range). I really enjoy playing the Su-85. Sniping targets from long range is fun till the light tanks overrun your position.

Profile Search
17 AUG 2010 at 11:09am

Tpek

Commander
Commander

How do these equipment work? Do they apply to all tanks under your control? Can you buy multiples of them and have them stack? I mean they are very costly (the cheapest is 250,000).

Profile Search
17 AUG 2010 at 4:27pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Armchair General
My current tank is a  a fully loaded Tiger 1, 3601 and an Su-85. I was saving up for the Su-100 but decided to get a gun rammer(+10% to reloading) and a periscope (+25% to viewing range). I really enjoy playing the Su-85. Sniping targets from long range is fun till the light tanks overrun your position.
I've jumped around a lot to test the waters on various things.  As for TDs I think I'll like the German ones better.  While my SU-85 is fun to play and I can often score some nice damage during a round with it, the German ones have the same advantage, more penetration on their guns for the same tiers, and are smaller targets.  I've had a sneaking suspicion that the German TDs have higher chances of bouncing shots, too.   Maybe minor stuff, but I gotta see if the grass is greener on the other side and all that. I've not bought any of the bonus attachments.  I wonder if they are factored into repairs.  I know that buying upgrades does. [sm=00000007.gif]

The Old Guard

Profile Search
17 AUG 2010 at 4:28pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Nefaro
Originally Posted By Armchair General
I've jumped around a lot to test the waters on various things.  As for TDs I think I'll like the German ones better.  While my SU-85 is fun to play and I can often score some nice damage during a round with it, the German ones have the same advantage, more penetration on their guns for the same tiers, and are smaller targets.  I've had a sneaking suspicion that the German TDs have higher chances of bouncing shots, too.   Maybe minor stuff, but I gotta see if the grass is greener on the other side and all that. I've not bought any of the bonus attachments.  I don't even know where to find them.  I wonder if they are factored into repairs.  I know that buying upgrades does. [sm=00000007.gif]

The Old Guard

Profile Search
23 AUG 2010 at 10:21am

Armchair General

Centurion
Centurion

How do these equipment work? Do they apply to all tanks under your control? Can you buy multiples of them and have them stack? I mean they are very costly (the cheapest is 250,000).
Just before a battle I will click on the open box on the bottom right of the screen and pick the attachment I want for the vehicle I am playing for a turreted vehicle I use the rammer - 10 percent to loading speed. to move it from one vehicle to another just unequip it by clicking on it and un-checking it on the list of attachments. My next attachment will be the wet ammo storage-50 percent to ammo hit damage. The tiger 1 I am playing seems to have this problem when in combat. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Some other players swear by the frag liner since HE shots seem to do more damage than the Ap shot. If you can kill off some of the tank crew the enemy becomes an easier tank to kill. They load, move, and drive, slower.  I have bought the periscope for my Su-85 but it is a waste of credits at the moment. Viewing range is only 500 meters in the game for most shots. All that I have read about combat in WW2 said battles were starting at 1500 to 2000 meters. It would be nice for my weak armored Russian tank-destroyers to  pick off the enemy at that range. I may get in a few more shots before fast medium tanks like the t 34-85 and panther are able to close in on my position. I hope that computer games will be able to work with ranges over 500 meters and that the sighting of vehicles and chances to hit will be factored in. For each tank you can buy and then load up to 2 attachments. They affect only the vehicle you equip them with. They are easily moved once the vehicle you have them on is out of battle. I am not sure if you can buy more than 1 of each at this time. They may at a later date have a cheaper version that stay perm equipped to the vehicle.

Profile Search
28 AUG 2010 at 10:25am

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

I'm beginning to get the itch during this off week.  Fortunately I've had a lot of other stuff to do including just getting addicted to the Titan Quest Gold I got from the Gamersgate sale for $5.  Thanks to whomever notified us of the sale specials here. I still want to brew some sh*t up. [sm=greasedtreads.gif]

The Old Guard

Profile Search

28 AUG 2010 at 10:54am

Tpek

Commander
Commander

As I've seen enough of the game already, I believe I'm going to wait until the real deal starts. I'd hate to get an uber-tank only to find a day later that everything is gone and I have to start from scratch again.

Profile Search
28 AUG 2010 at 6:04pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

As I've seen enough of the game already, I believe I'm going to wait until the real deal starts. I'd hate to get an uber-tank only to find a day later that everything is gone and I have to start from scratch again.
It's not even hit open beta yet.  It'll likely be at least another 2 months before release.. possibly more. As for us closed beta testers, evidentally we're going to get a nice, special, mid-tier freebie after release.  I think they said the RU testers got a KV-222 and the alphas got some experimental pseudo-Panther that still utilized some PzIV stuff.  *shrug*  I won't be playing it habitually for the rest of testing, but it's still fun enough to do regularly even if my stuff will all get wiped eventually.

The Old Guard

Profile Search
2 SEP 2010 at 5:57am

DennisS

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By Nefaro
It's not even hit open beta yet.  It'll likely be at least another 2 months before release.. possibly more. As for us closed beta testers, evidentally we're going to get a nice, special, mid-tier freebie after release.  I think they said the RU testers got a KV-222 and the alphas got some experimental pseudo-Panther that still utilized some PzIV stuff.  *shrug*  I won't be playing it habitually for the rest of testing, but it's still fun enough to do regularly even if my stuff will all get wiped eventually.
I was finally allowed into the closed beta yesterday. I had a BLAST with my MS-1, and the German Traktor. I played 17 matches, and won seven of them. I was killed 12 times, survived five times, and killed four tanks! The first one was a HOOT! I have spent all my experience points and credits upgrading my MS-1. Probably not the most efficient thing to do, but I am learning the system here, not racing for a better tank. LOTS of fun. Any idea what the exchange rate will be for real money to in-game gold?

Profile Search
2 SEP 2010 at 7:23am

Qualm

Centurion
Centurion

It is expected to be $1 = 250 gold.  A monthly premium account should be $10 - this gives you 50% more exp and cash per battle. My VK3601 is fully upgraded, working on getting enough exp for a Tiger.  Bought a T34 yesterday too, it's fast but fragile as heck.  I've decided the SU5 SPG sucks, if I decide to get Russian arty in the game I'll stop with a SU26 (which was fun) and possibly grind to a Hummel on the German side. The soft wipe/patch is coming, probably early next week.  Hang onto all your gold and don't sell any equipment or tanks - if it's in your garage when they wipe you'll get full cash credit for the purchase price, plus the total exp you've earned, plus 3000 gold when the server comes back up. DOH!  Looks like the patch/soft wipe is here.  Downloading now.

Profile Search
All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > MMO for Panzers/Tread-heads

Page 5 of 80 :

Jump to:
2 Members Subscribed To This Topic