Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: Steel Panthers Evolution and Timeline

Page 1

30 SEP 2010 at 12:03pm

Sarsen

Centurion
Centurion

Hopefully this will help clear up some of the confusion about the Steel Panthers series of games.    

Steel panthers evolution

Last edited by Sarsen : 18 JAN 2012 1:10pm
Profile Search

30 SEP 2010 at 12:23pm

Tpek

Commander
Commander

Yes, but that doesn't say when the next SP game is coming out. [
]

Profile Search
30 SEP 2010 at 12:41pm

Sarsen

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By Tpek
        Yes, but that doesn't say when the next SP game is coming out. [
]    
        As soon as it does, I'll be sure to edit the graphic for you [sm=whistling2.gif]            

Profile Search
30 SEP 2010 at 6:54pm

junk2drive

Commander
Commander

SPIII wasn't really begat by SPII, it should have its own column. At the top it should spell out that SPI/II are squad level and III is platoon level and SPWAW converts that back to squad level. I could argue that BBC BA is the next gen but I would be squashed like a bug and branded a heretic

The Wargamers Tournament: Phase One Combatant Medal

Profile Search
30 SEP 2010 at 8:15pm

huckster

Centurion
Centurion

Kampfgruppe was kind of the spirtual daddy of Steel Panthers even if it was platoon level. Still liked the original SP best out of all of them.

Profile Search
30 SEP 2010 at 8:39pm

rwenstrup

Centurion
Centurion

The original and all the variations of Steel Panthers is favorite game of all time...would love to see a new version! With the success of the series, one would think it would be a successful product...

Profile Search
30 SEP 2010 at 8:46pm

Sarsen

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By junk2drive
        SPIII wasn't really begat by SPII, it should have its own column. At the top it should spell out that SPI/II are squad level and III is platoon level and SPWAW converts that back to squad level.     
        I hear you J2D.  I actually thought that SP I, SP II and SP III were three different game engines, but I put them one after another because of the timeline and the fact they were each produced by SSI.           I did think about adding details like the fact that SP III was unique with its scale, and I could have added which games are DOS or Windows based etc. but the goal was more to make it a 'one look' simple explanation (KISS approach) for newer players; rather than a more detailed explanation that experienced players like you would appreciate.           regards,     Sarsen

Profile Search
30 SEP 2010 at 10:07pm

panzeroo

Centurion
Centurion

Steel panthers was my link from board games like advanced squad leader into computer wargaming. From there wargames gradually have become more and more bells and whistles and less substance.

Profile Search
30 SEP 2010 at 10:59pm

phredd1

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By huckster
Kampfgruppe was kind of the spirtual daddy of Steel Panthers even if it was platoon level. Still liked the original SP best out of all of them.
Where does that leave Panzer Strike & Typhoon of Steel?? Aunts or uncles??

One mistake, and you're sliding down the razor blade of defeat, and a dull, rusted, and poisoned blade at that.

Profile Search
1 OCT 2010 at 6:45pm

huckster

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By phredd1

Originally Posted By huckster
        Where does that leave Panzer Strike & Typhoon of Steel?? Aunts or uncles??    
        Ummm, I'm sure I probably had them, but I can't remember them....so lost to the sands of time?

Profile Search

Page 1

Jump to:
1 Members Subscribed To This Topic