Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: Die2Nite

Page 1 of 2 : Ť

15 NOV 2010 at 7:30pm

son_of_montfort

Colonel
Colonel

Ok... saw this on Rock, Paper, Shotgun and I must say I'm interested. Now I'm not normally into games you have to log into in real time to play, but the survival and zombie aspects of the game look very very fun! I think it would be even more fun if we could get a Wargamer town going! Here is the RPS article on the game: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/11/15/die2nite-horrifying-harbour-of-crime/ And of course the link to the actual website: http://www.die2nite.com/#index Has anyone tried this or heard about it? Is it as fun as it sounds or more a boring chore of text? I was thinking that the more hardcore style of text based management sims like Football Manager 2011 should be applied to other game genres and it seems I got my wish! I'll probably log in and see what is up. Hopefully I won't get exiled too fast!

Son_of_Montfort "Slander is a poison which extinguishes charity, both in the slanderer and in the persons who listen to it." Bernard of Clairvaux

Profile Search

15 NOV 2010 at 7:41pm

Knave

Centurion
Centurion

I managed to snag an invitation key today actually! Took me a bit of searching and polite asking but managed to grab one and started off in a town of newbs such as myself, a lot of people from the bay12 forums. I definitely would not put this on par with the learning curve of the FM series, but there are a few tricks you have to learn. Luckily my town has a couple of vets from previously destroyed towns, so they were able to give me a few tips on what to do and not do. I definately like this though! I played a couple browser based games years back but I must admit it's been a while. I imagine as the days go on and more and more of our comrades get bit and die, I'll become much more attached and involved. I went out scavenging and got cornered by a pack of zombies, luckily a few of my town folks saddled up and rescued me and a few others trapped out in the desert. Currently our town is debating whether to build a workshop or a watchtower first. If I get any invite keys I'll be sure to let you guys know for those that are interested!

Profile Search
15 NOV 2010 at 7:49pm

jomni

Commander
Commander

Nice! Community survival. Love the idea.

The Old Guard  The Wargamers Tournament: Phase One Combatant Medal

Profile Search
16 NOV 2010 at 3:42am

Yskonyn

Commander
Commander

Great!! I am all for this! Resident Evil Online! :-)     I would be very much obliged to get a key, please.

- Yskonyn

Profile Search
16 NOV 2010 at 3:52am

v.Manstein

Centurion
Centurion

Always build the workshop first. And don't upgrade your tent into somthing further. It is a waste of materials.

Profile Search
16 NOV 2010 at 12:09pm

Great Ajax

Centurion
Centurion

This sounds like a hoot.  I am going to register tonight!           Trey

Profile Search
16 NOV 2010 at 12:18pm

Gusington

General
General

I'll need to check out the link when I have some time...I am not fully understanding the idea.

I'm glad my character uses a shield because I may be taking a bashing here soon.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
16 NOV 2010 at 2:47pm

son_of_montfort

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Great Ajax
  This sounds like a hoot.  I am going to register tonight!   Trey
You have to have an invite code, sadly. I wish I had one...

Son_of_Montfort "Slander is a poison which extinguishes charity, both in the slanderer and in the persons who listen to it." Bernard of Clairvaux

Profile Search
16 NOV 2010 at 4:57pm

Great Ajax

Centurion
Centurion

Get a key here. Just got registered.           http://zombie-night.blogspot.com/           Trey

Profile Search
16 NOV 2010 at 5:01pm

Yskonyn

Commander
Commander

Confirmed some codes still work.     Mine was about 2/3 down the list.         Thanks ajax!

- Yskonyn

Profile Search
16 NOV 2010 at 5:32pm

son_of_montfort

Colonel
Colonel

What is your guys' character names?

Profile Search

16 NOV 2010 at 5:46pm

son_of_montfort

Colonel
Colonel

My name is Baelthazar.

Profile Search
16 NOV 2010 at 6:43pm

Great Ajax

Centurion
Centurion

I go by the same name here.           Trey

Profile Search
17 NOV 2010 at 8:25am

Yskonyn

Commander
Commander

Me too

- Yskonyn

Profile Search
17 NOV 2010 at 8:50am

Eyebiter

Commander
Commander

Trying to attack zombies hand to hand is a waste of action points. Here are three beta invite codes if you want to try die2nite.com [ul]
  •     NP93MZSQ
  •     1GBRPH6C    
  •     I0BE2Q12        [/ul]

Buy your share of freedom... today!

• Profile Search
    17 NOV 2010 at 9:06am

١rgrÝmr

Centurion
    Centurion

Originally Posted By son_of_montfort
            What is your guys' character names?    
              Since they could not handle ١rgrÝmr I use the english version, Thorgrimm.           What is the names of the towns you folks got dumped into? Mine is called Glum Areas of the Conquered.                         Cheers, ١rgrÝmr    
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum If you want peace, prepare for war Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas

Profile Search
    17 NOV 2010 at 10:38am

Great Ajax

Centurion
    Centurion

Heh.  We're in the same town.           Trey          
    Originally Posted By Yskonyn
            Confirmed some codes still work.     Mine was about 2/3 down the list.         Thanks ajax!    

Profile Search
    17 NOV 2010 at 1:04pm

Knave

Centurion
    Centurion

I'm in the lovely 'Hamlet of Murderers' [
    ] We're off to a fairly good start. Had 5 or 6 people trapped on Day one and we managed to rescue all but one. Seems we have a couple inactives and a lot of new people, but the handful of vets are doing a good job of answering questions and guiding us along. We have more than enough defenses for tonight and tommorow as well most likely!

Profile Search
    17 NOV 2010 at 4:35pm

Yskonyn

Commander
    Commander

Would it be possible to get into the same town together for the next game as Wargamers?

- Yskonyn

Profile Search
    17 NOV 2010 at 5:11pm

rossntu

Commander
    Commander

I'm in on this too- I'm Ross (original I know).  So far I have got some water,put up a tent, walked around a desert, drank the water, walked some more, found some drugs, and then used a heroic action to run straight back to down.  I am not "getting" this yet, but love the premise and if I can work out the strategies I could see myself getting quite addicited.  One thing I have not worked out though is how long per day you could really play this given the limited action points- or do these recharge?  I need to read the instructions some more [
    ]  Love the idea of a Wargamer town [
    ]

Profile Search
    17 NOV 2010 at 8:23pm

١rgrÝmr

Centurion
    Centurion

Originally Posted By ross_ntu
            I'm in on this too- I'm Ross (original I know).  So far I have got some water,put up a tent, walked around a desert, drank the water, walked some more, found some drugs, and then used a heroic action to run straight back to down.  I am not "getting" this yet, but love the premise and if I can work out the strategies I could see myself getting quite addicited.  One thing I have not worked out though is how long per day you could really play this given the limited action points- or do these recharge?  I need to read the instructions some more [
    ]  Love the idea of a Wargamer town [
    ]    
              Ross, one thing you can do is go to a zone, search it and then remain there since every two hours you auto search at no AP cost. So, for example, you could go out and search while at work, then when you get back home log back on and check to see what you have found. I would also suggest reading and asking questions on your town's forum. I am sure you have a vet or two in your town.           As for my town, we had 9 clowns get caught outside with no AP's, after eating and drinking! So our town got rid of the newbs rather quickly.           I would also love a wargamer town, but the only way to do that is to die the same day and go to the next town. Hard to coordinate, unless folks are willing to die on purpose.                       Cheers, Thor    
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum If you want peace, prepare for war Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas

Profile Search

18 NOV 2010 at 3:43am

Yskonyn

Commander
    Commander

I would be willing to die on purpose if that's what it takes to get us all in one town. No problem.     And the time frame is 24 hours anyway, so not THAT hard to coordinate I think.

- Yskonyn

Profile Search
    19 NOV 2010 at 1:50am

Eyebiter

Commander
    Commander

[ul]
  •     GNYS8XFF
  •     LPXER6V5
  •     X0TRN6ZU  [/ul] Three more beta invite codes

Buy your share of freedom... today!

• Profile Search
    19 NOV 2010 at 9:05am

١rgrÝmr

Centurion
    Centurion

Well, it looks like my town is going to bite the dust this afternoon. So if anybody else wants to try and hook up for a wargamer town, I will let you know by 15:45 CDT whether we will die, or not.           So far our defenses are 90 and up to 164 Zeds are going to be coming over the wall tonight. So it does not look too good.                       Cheers, ١rgrÝmr

Profile Search
    19 NOV 2010 at 10:09am

Knave

Centurion
    Centurion

In my town, every member received a new pill that restores 30ap(!) and doesn't get you addicted. This will allow us to get several projects done very quickly! Did any of your towns get these pills?

Profile Search

Page 1 of 2 : Ť

Jump to:
    0 Members Subscribed To This Topic