Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: Emperor of the Fading Suns

Page 1

All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Emperor of the Fading Suns
3 MAY 2003 at 3:17pm

Tiberius

Centurion
Centurion

Does anyone on this forum know about this classic? I've searched through the site and couldn't find anything about it. Frankly that stunned me. Sure its not historical and I know that quite a few wargamers are traditionalists when it comes to historics in wargaming. But EFS is truly a great game. Sure the original game was terrible but most of the problems with the original game have been addressed through patches made by both the designers of the game and by the players. The most recent mod is Subversion. For those of you who are interested you can get the game for free at the underdogs and there are two forums available for opponent gathering. With the latest advances in the mods the game has really come back to life. The game truly blends diplomacy, empire building, tactics and trade for a very well balanced gaming experience. For those of you who are interested. Go to Fadingsun.com I think you might find it interesting.

Profile Search

3 MAY 2003 at 6:22pm

Tiberius

Centurion
Centurion

I should also mention that the creator of the subversion patch is planning on releasing the second version in the near future. It promises to have better unit balancing and a more balanced economic model than the first version. Along with the release of the next version will come an updated galaxy for the Fulcrum Scenario. The rebels will have well balanced unit stacks which should increase the need for players to employ combined arms to have success in conquering and capturing enemy fortifications. Also the rebels have been provided with good reactive abilities which should also increase the difficulties in putting them down without significant losses. All in all the release of version 2.0 promises to bring more complexity to the game through new units and efforts toward better game balancing.

Profile Search
All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Emperor of the Fading Suns

Page 1

Jump to:
0 Members Subscribed To This Topic