Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: Railroad Tycoon 2: Platinum Edition

Page 1

All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Railroad Tycoon 2: Platinum Edition
10 JUL 2011 at 7:21pm

DennisS

Commander
Commander

Run, don't walk, over to steam, and spend $3.34 on this game. I have been playing this game for about 20 years, and it just doesn't get old. My .exe got corrupted, and I purchased this for about the 5th time earlier today. This is just a blast, and every bit as good as I remembered. For those that have this steam version...where do I place the dozens, maybe hundreds of excellent maps and scenarios that are out there? This must be an easy fix..these are just the map files. Thanks!

Profile Search

10 JUL 2011 at 7:56pm

Qualm

Centurion
Centurion

I don't know the answer to that, but I could not get this game to run on Vista 64 last time I tried, what are you running it on?

Profile Search
10 JUL 2011 at 8:28pm

Greybriar

Commander
Commander

Railroad Tycoon II Platinum is a game I wish Good Old Games would offer. It is excellent and the only criticism I have of it is that it isn't possible to build tunnels. Otherwise it is better than the original game and (in my opinion) Railroad Tycoon 3. Has anyone gotten RRT2 up and running under Windows 7?

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

Profile Search
10 JUL 2011 at 8:36pm

DennisS

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By Qualm
I don't know the answer to that, but I could not get this game to run on Vista 64 last time I tried, what are you running it on?
I am running on Vista, with zero issues. It is the steam version.

Profile Search
11 JUL 2011 at 5:07am

Bison36

Colonel
Colonel

The Steam version runs no issue on Win 7.  And yes it is about 1 Billion times better than RRT3.

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations - James Madison

Profile Search
11 JUL 2011 at 1:29pm

MarkShot

Commander
Commander

For downloads, here: [link]http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt2/rt2_map_index.htm[/link] As to where they go under Win7, I would simply search your C: drive for a scenario file of a specific name.  Once you find it, you know where to put the stuff. Examples: Africa After the Flood.MP2 Alaska.MP2                 Amaplanca.MP2              America After the Flood.MP2 Antarctica.MP2             Atlantis.MP2               Aurendia.MP2               Australia.MP2              Austria.MP2                Ben Franklin's Kite.MP2    Black Sea Basin.MP2        Blimper.MP2               

Profile Search
11 JUL 2011 at 2:25pm

DennisS

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By MarkShot
    For downloads, here:    http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt2/rt2_map_index.htm    As to where they go under Win7, I would simply search your C: drive for a scenario file of a specific name.  Once you find it, you know where to put the stuff.    Examples:    Africa After the Flood.MP2    Alaska.MP2                    Amaplanca.MP2                 America After the Flood.MP2    Antarctica.MP2                Atlantis.MP2                  Aurendia.MP2                  Australia.MP2                 Austria.MP2                   Ben Franklin's Kite.MP2       Black Sea Basin.MP2           Blimper.MP2                  
    I had this location bookmarked: http://theterminal.dune2k.com/ And, it still works perfectly.    There are 460 separate maps available for download. I picked through the ones I liked for Africa, Antarctica, Asia, and Austrailia. I downloaded about 20 maps, out of the 54 or so available, for these areas. I haven't even started looking at the European, or American maps.  Many maps are just that, maps, with no scenario or events attached. You will need to read the information as you select each one, to parse out the ones that are not playable. I discovered the correct location place the maps, at least for Vista, and I fired the game up to make sure. Yup, all there, and playable.   

Profile Search
11 JUL 2011 at 3:40pm

bbmike

Centurion
Centurion

Okay, I didn't run over to Steam but I did walk over there and buy it for $4.99. I've been wanting to try one of the RR games for a while. I have Sid's Railroads! but never really tried it.

Profile Search
11 JUL 2011 at 4:40pm

MarkShot

Commander
Commander

Yes, the terminal more covers RRT2, and hawk RRT3.   D'ont forget there are also TTD+ and OTTD.

Profile Search
11 JUL 2011 at 7:19pm

Wolverine101

Colonel
Colonel

I can confirm it DOESN'T work on VISTA 64, 64 bit os. It will start and run a few minutes but crashes to desktop every try (tried 3 times). Fortunately I have two XP systems, netbook and desktop so not a total loss. I already had the hard disc for them though and just wanted a copy that would run on Vista 64. One of the few games I've encountered that won't run or run well on it. Someone needs to make a DosWinXP/98 mod now.

Want is the foundation of impatience, a step without thought can be a drop without end

Dbeves: And LMFAO - didnt you just have to work battlefront into your response somewhere - you are priceless.

Listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYhAycDqhog 

"ha! GL getting THAT much...lolz"

Profile Search
All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Railroad Tycoon 2: Platinum Edition

Page 1

Jump to:
0 Members Subscribed To This Topic