Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: Most Challenging Startegy/Wargame AI

Page 2 of 2 :

All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Most Challenging Startegy/Wargame AI
14 JUL 2011 at 1:18pm

Herman Hum

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By phredd1
Originally Posted By Herman Hum
    Why don't they use a tougher game?  Make the machine play WitP or Harpoon and make it read the respective game manual................................   
    Better yet, make the machine de-bug Harpoon.  Now, THAT would be proof of artificial intelligence. [
]
No, it would be proof that Skynet is about to go online..........................................................
Skynet would have suicidal tendencies!?  If it hi-jacked Harpoon to run it's armies and fleets, it would soon find that the torpedoes it fired would come circling back towards the ships that fired them!  (True story)

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Profile Search

14 JUL 2011 at 2:13pm

phred

Centurion
Centurion

Massive Assault - I downloaded the demo and it just cleaned my clock.  I never even bought the game.

Profile Search
14 JUL 2011 at 3:12pm

phredd1

Commander
Commander

Why don't they use a tougher game?  Make the machine play WitP or Harpoon and make it read the respective game manual................................   
    Better yet, make the machine de-bug Harpoon.  Now, THAT would be proof of artificial intelligence. [
]
    No, it would be proof that Skynet is about to go online..........................................................
Skynet would have suicidal tendencies!?  If it hi-jacked Harpoon to run it's armies and fleets, it would soon find that the torpedoes it fired would come circling back towards the ships that fired them!  (True story)
Wow, John Connor would be unnecessary in a matter of months............................................................

One mistake, and you're sliding down the razor blade of defeat, and a dull, rusted, and poisoned blade at that.

Profile Search
14 JUL 2011 at 5:58pm

toonces

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By MarkShot
Herman, Did you get the book published on the design of that game?  It's an interesting read.
What book is that?

"I am always fondling my nut sack, just to be safe. " - bboyer66

"It's like Mount and Blade got together with Total War and had a game baby."  - Bison36 on Real Warfare Northern Crusades

The Old Guard

Profile Search
14 JUL 2011 at 5:59pm

toonces

Commander
Commander

I don't know if the King Arthur AI cheats, or is just that darn good, but it kicks my butt for sure.

"I am always fondling my nut sack, just to be safe. " - bboyer66

"It's like Mount and Blade got together with Total War and had a game baby."  - Bison36 on Real Warfare Northern Crusades

The Old Guard

Profile Search
14 JUL 2011 at 6:01pm

Herman Hum

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By toonces
Originally Posted By MarkShot
Herman, Did you get the book published on the design of that game?  It's an interesting read.
What book is that?
It's just a little eBook on how he created BoP.  If you like, send me an e-mail addr and I'll send it on to you.

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Profile Search
14 JUL 2011 at 8:34pm

MarkShot

Commander
Commander

No, it was a real published 256 page book that now is in the public domain.  A good read on the underlying principles and algorithms of a global strategy game. http://www.amazon.com/B...id=1310697129&sr=1-1

Profile Search
14 JUL 2011 at 9:04pm

clifford1944

Centurion
Centurion

Hey Markshot, do you still play 1830?  I do from time to time.  I have the cd and the 3 1/2 versions.  Plus it is at abandia, oops i did not say that.

"A little time on the Eastern Front will clear his head" General Burkhalter

Profile Search
14 JUL 2011 at 9:14pm

marvingard

Commander
Commander

Best I've ever played is AGEOD's Athena for ACW, BOA, RUS and ROP.          Good counterattacks. 

Profile Search
14 JUL 2011 at 11:55pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By toonces
I don't know if the King Arthur AI cheats, or is just that darn good, but it kicks my butt for sure.
IIRC it cheats because it has few, if any, restrictions on build times for the AI's armies.  So if you wipe out the one they have, they'll pop out another one in a couple turns right quick.

Are you brave enough for 640kb?

The Old Guard

Profile Search
15 JUL 2011 at 6:36am

MarkShot

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By clifford1944
Hey Markshot, do you still play 1830?  I do from time to time.  I have the cd and the 3 1/2 versions.  Plus it is at abandia, oops i did not say that.
No games for now.  Too busy.  But I come back here from time to time for nostalgia.

Profile Search
All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Most Challenging Startegy/Wargame AI

Page 2 of 2 :

Jump to:
0 Members Subscribed To This Topic