Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: CMBN Patch

Page 1 of 7 :

21 JUL 2011 at 5:37am

Wodin

Commander
Commander

The first patch has been released...fixes and improvements all around.

Profile Search

21 JUL 2011 at 9:12am

Wolverine101

Colonel
Colonel

Messes up and broke what wasn't broken all around also from what I read.

Want is the foundation of impatience, a step without thought can be a drop without end

Dbeves: And LMFAO - didnt you just have to work battlefront into your response somewhere - you are priceless.

Listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYhAycDqhog 

"ha! GL getting THAT much...lolz"

Profile Search
21 JUL 2011 at 11:07am

Pak40

Centurion
Centurion

Where are you reading that Wolverine? Mac version has an AI bug which BFC is already working on a hotfix. PC version is unaffected.

Profile Search
21 JUL 2011 at 11:44am

Wodin

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By Wolverine101
Yeah...we all know you love PCO...... Anyway it adds to the game and only the mac has a problem which will be sorted very soon I'm sure....   I actually own and play the game unlike the above poster...it isn't broke or messed up...it's the pinnacle of tactical wargming...and as we can see by the improvements already it will get better and better...also the forum is very active and the game has a dedicated following...which can't be said for all wargames out there.... 

Profile Search
21 JUL 2011 at 12:07pm

MengJiao

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By Wodin

Yeah...we all know you love PCO......         Anyway it adds to the game and only the mac has a problem which will be sorted very soon I'm sure....         I actually own and play the game unlike the above poster...it isn't broke or messed up...it's the pinnacle of tactical wargming...and as we can see by the improvements already it will get better and better...also the forum is very active and the game has a dedicated following...which can't be said for all wargames out there....     
          I'll be installing the patch tonight.  I had not noticed any of the problems since I play in real time and don't see every     bullet or shell over and over in replays.  In real time, single-player, self-designed scenarios I never saw any problems.           But now I'll be trying to keep the hatches open so I can see the new message about penetration via an opening some day.           Sounds like artillery will be a tad more intuitive: more spotting rounds if needed for example.           And yep, the game forums at battlefront are pretty active.    
This war is about Slavery -- Spartacus

Profile Search
21 JUL 2011 at 12:13pm

DBeves

Commander
Commander

Yawn .... Your Real name isnt Michael Dorosh by any chance - or is he a close friend ?

Profile Search
21 JUL 2011 at 1:13pm

Wolverine101

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Pak40
Where are you reading that Wolverine? Mac version has an AI bug which BFC is already working on a hotfix. PC version is unaffected.
          Parts I read were about infantry firing at buttoned tanks thus exposing themselves without any ability to do any damage or effects, MG animations off to the side and whole groups of units moving to one corner of the map. Some complaints about save games from 1.00 not working with 1.01 things like that.

Want is the foundation of impatience, a step without thought can be a drop without end

Dbeves: And LMFAO - didnt you just have to work battlefront into your response somewhere - you are priceless.

Profile Search
21 JUL 2011 at 1:28pm

Pak40

Centurion
Centurion

The groups of units moving to the corner is the Mac bug that I was talking about. It only affects Macs. Not sure about the infantry firing at tanks. I know it was an issue before the patch and the patch claims that "Soldiers are less likely to fire on exposed tank crew". An exposed tank crew is a valid target if within range. I saw one complaint about the save game not working but everyone else who responded said they didn't have an issue, so I don't think it's a patch issue.

Profile Search
21 JUL 2011 at 1:44pm

MengJiao

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By Pak40
          Parts I read were about infantry firing at buttoned tanks thus exposing themselves without any ability to do any damage or effects, MG animations off to the side and whole groups of units moving to one corner of the map. Some complaints about save games from 1.00 not working with 1.01 things like that.    
          I haven't seen any of this, but then I actually play the game.  In fact, I've ordered infantry to fire at empty tanks and buttoned tanks to either keep crews from getting back in or kill them when they jump out, so I have my doubts about how big a problem that ever was.    
This war is about Slavery -- Spartacus

Profile Search
21 JUL 2011 at 2:47pm

Yskonyn

Commander
Commander

No problems with day to day play here either. All in all a decent patch with some good fixes and some added extra's. Savegame compatibility has been a problem many times with patches in earlier games from BFC as well, so that should not come as a surprise to anyone who have sticked around for a bit longer. It's your chosen words, Wolverine. And do you actually play, or don't you own a copy of the game at all? Things like 'from what I hear/read' don't fly often times.  Play it and then judge and see wether you agree or not. Its all to easy to just parrot a few vocal peeps on some forum, don't you agree? That's my general motto for any game, by the way. And about the M. Dorosh remark; I don't know if you know what's that about? But the short version is that this guy has been a pain in the ass towards BFC for a long long time now, got banned from the official forums finally and now throws thrash all over, whereever he can. Worst thing is that his crusade is based on utter BS. People can get too sentimental. (And that goes both ways, no doubt!) [
] DBeves probably made the remark because we are tired of all the drama over at BFC and your chosen words were quite un-nuanced. Just a little background info if you weren't aware. [
]

- Yskonyn

Profile Search
22 JUL 2011 at 1:43pm

Grubwurm

Centurion
Centurion

At least the CMBN forums has activity as opposed to another game I will not mention where the forums are dead.

Fat, Drunk, and Stupid, is no way to go through life, Son - Dean Wormer

Profile Search

22 JUL 2011 at 2:28pm

Barkhorn1x

Centurion
Centurion

Some complaints about save games from 1.00 not working with 1.01 things like that.    
          Umm...really?  People are complaining about that?  That is a pretty common patch outcome and petty in the extreme to expect patched games to be somehow perfectly backwards compatible. 
[b][image]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k286/Barkhorn1x_2006/sign3e.jpg[/image] [/b]

Profile Search
22 JUL 2011 at 9:47pm

destraex

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

List of fixes?

Cliffs of Dover finally fixed

The Old Guard

Profile Search
22 JUL 2011 at 10:36pm

Jarhead0331

Colonel
Colonel

Wolverine...how many times in the past have you been permanently banned for provoking flame wars? Two, three times? We haven't forgotten your "hit and run" MO of posting unsubstantiated "rumors" about games you've never even played.  In short, cut it out...this is the second time you're being warned this week.  Please don't let it happen again.  Thanks. 

"And They shall know no fear, for they are fear incarnate"

The Old Guard

Profile Search
22 JUL 2011 at 10:41pm

Ricochet67

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By destraex
List of fixes?
Patch details may be found here - http://www.battlefront....mp;id=281&Itemid=478

Profile Search
23 JUL 2011 at 12:57am

destraex

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Like this:
Vehicles
[ul]
  • Moving vehicles fire their weapons with further reduced accuracy.
  • Spotting ability of buttoned-up vehicles is further reduced.
  • Fixed a graphical bug that could cause a Puma crew to rotate outside the vehicle.
  • Vehicles that lose an unbuttoned crewman to small-arms fire are more likely to pop smoke and/or retreat like they typically do when the vehicle itself takes a hit.
  • Armor penetrations through a vehicle's main gun mantlet are not reported as hits on other locations.
  • Hit text for projectiles that enter an open vehicle hatch says "Hit: Opening" rather than turret or hull.
  • Corrected a rare problem that could cause tank drivers to remember "threat locations" for too long and rotate the vehicle inappropriately.
  • In a campaign game, if a tank is in working order but its crew is decimated, the tank will not appear in the next battle only to immediately become "knocked out" due to having a decimated crew.
  • Rhino vehicles are additionally available in August.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented ricochets off a Panther lower mantlet into the hull top (though this intentionally remains rare).
  • The glacis/hull-roof armor plate on the Tiger front is thicker.
  • SPW 250/9, SPW 251/9, and SPW 251/10 halftracks will button up under fire like most other vehicles do.
  • PSW 222 crew is now commander/loader, gunner, and driver.
  • PSW 222 and PSW 223 are capable of firing weapons after losing a crewman, and have slightly improved commander's visiblity when buttoned up. [/ul] Terrain [ul]
  • Troops hiding in trenches or foxholes get better protection from shrapnel.
  • Concealment in foxholes is increased.
  • Corrected a problem that protected soldiers when a wall was behind them, but not enough when a wall was in front of them.
  • The distance between a soldier and bocage where the soldier may see through the bocage is slightly shortened.
  • Direct hits do more damage to trees.
  • Trees are less likely to block large projectiles consistently.
  • Tree placement remains precisely consistent each time you load/play a particular scenario. [/ul] Quick Battles [ul]
  • Corrected a problem that sometimes switched attacking and defending sides.
  • The unit auto-purchaser is improved.
  • Air support may only be purchased during daytime with clear or hazy weather.
  • The "Random Service" option works properly. [/ul] Artillery [ul]
  • Artillery is a little less precise.
  • When a forward observer cannot see where spotting rounds impact, he will usually require another round to be fired rather than skip ahead to fire-for-effect with poor accuracy.
  • Corrected a problem that sometimes caused artillery missions targeted near a TRP to "prepare" indefinitely.
  • Pre-planned missions for on-map artillery won't ever use spotting rounds.
  • Corrected an accuracy problem that could affect the first rounds of pre-planned artillery strikes using the Line pattern.
  • White phosphorous (smoke) does not cause unrealistically high casualties. [/ul] Soldier Behavior [ul]
  • Soldiers are less likely to use SMGs at longer ranges.
  • Soldiers are less likely to fire on exposed tank crew.
  • Soldiers can spot anti-tank mines (in addition to anti-personnel mines).
  • Corrected some problems with mortars in direct-fire mode.
  • Soldiers are less likely to use explosive weapons for area-fire at very short range.
  • Soldiers won't set up heavy weapons on the precise edge of the map.
  • The TacAI pays a bit less attention to unarmed vehicle targets.
  • Soldiers aim better when area-firing into an immediately adjacent building.
  • Corrected some problems with soldier placement around heavy weapons in foxholes.
  • Soldiers are quicker to stop attempting to surrender if friendly soldiers are nearby and enemies are not.
  • HMG assistants can cower under fire like the rest of their team. [/ul] Grenades [ul]
  • Troops may throw grenades from buildings at open-topped vehicles.
  • Grenade throwing obeys covered arc orders.
  • Grenades won't roll through building walls. [/ul] Bridge Pathfinding [ul]
  • Corrected some minor pathing problems across bridges.
  • Troops are more willing to move across nearby fords rather than use distant bridges. [/ul] Anti-tank Guns [ul]
  • Antitank guns won't attach to vehicles that are too small to tow them.
  • Corrected a problem that potentially allowed an antitank gun team to move the gun into a building. [/ul] User Interface [ul]
  • Keyboard camera controls are smoother (Windows version).
  • When placing troops in a building during setup, if you click on a soldier or its icon (instead of the building) to set the destination, it won't cause the moving troops to float in midair.
  • Trenches and barbed-wires "remember" their rotations if moved to a location that is not adjacent to other trenches or barbed-wire.
  • When attaching targeting orders to a waypoint, the range display is calculated from the waypoint, not the unit's current location.
  • Corrected a problem with area-targeting a non-occupiable roof of a building.
  • Clicking Exit or New in the Editor brings up a confirmation dialog. [/ul] Miscellaneous [ul]
  • Less framerate is devoted to showing wind blowing through trees.
  • MP40 ammo pouches display correctly on German soldiers.
  • Fixed a disappearing "gable" on a couple of barns.
  • Updated US rank icons.
  • Fixed some out-of-memory problems.
  • Adjusted the point values for bunkers. [/ul]

The Old Guard

• Profile Search
    23 JUL 2011 at 8:57am

Michael Dorosh

Centurion
    Centurion

Originally Posted By DBeves
        Yawn .... Your Real name isnt Michael Dorosh by any chance - or is he a close friend ?
    Yawn ... I should think it is within the realm of possibility that CM:BN might have more than one owner who is not over-the-moon in love. Apologies for those that are offended.
      I actually own and play the game unlike the above poster...it isn't broke or messed up...it's the pinnacle of tactical wargming...and as we can see by the improvements already it will get better and better...also the forum is very active and the game has a dedicated following...which can't be said for all wargames out there....
    Having said that, Wodin is mostly correct. CM:BN is definetly NOT the pinnacle of tactical wargaming - that would suggest it would not be possible to improve the game, and clearly, CM:BN falls short of perfection in many categories, which even the publisher admits. However, the patch does address several concerns that have been identified in the V1.00 release version. It's too soon to tell if they've been fully addressed. Some of the fellows at the gamesquad forum are running tests on cover with regards to fortifications, for example. I don't doubt the patch will be an improvement. Wodin, you keep using the word "pinnacle" (you used it in your review at VGG also), and then in the same sentence talk about how the game will "get better and better". It may interest you to know that by definition, "pinnacle" means the very top. If you talk in platitudes, it's emptiness in the end. I will agree with you also that the official forums are very healthy and have engendered a dedicated following, which there is no denying. This is good for the hobby as a whole.

Profile Search
    23 JUL 2011 at 9:00am

Michael Dorosh

Centurion
    Centurion

Originally Posted By Yskonyn
    And about the M. Dorosh remark; I don't know if you know what's that about? But the short version is that this guy has been a pain in the ass towards BFC for a long long time now, got banned from the official forums finally and now throws thrash all over, whereever he can. Worst thing is that his crusade is based on utter BS.
    All of that comes as a bit of a surprise to me. You're probably better off talking about the game, than personalities, though. I'm almost positive you know far more about the game, than you know about me.

Profile Search
    23 JUL 2011 at 9:16am

destraex

Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Michael how did you find out about this party?

The Old Guard

Profile Search
    23 JUL 2011 at 9:26am

Erik Rutins

Centurion
    Centurion

Yeah...we all know you love PCO......    ...also the forum is very active and the game has a dedicated following...which can't be said for all wargames out there.... 
    How exactly did PCO get pulled into this?  First mention I saw was by Wodin and as much as I've seen Wolverine regularly criticize CMBN, I've seen the same pattern from you on PCO.  Don't like it, that's fine, but why do you keep pulling us into discussions on CMBN?  It's ok for both games to exist and for wargamers to like and play both games, I do. Regards, - Erik

Director of Product Development

The Wargamers Tournament: Phase One Combatant Medal

Profile Search
    23 JUL 2011 at 9:49am

Michael Dorosh

Centurion
    Centurion

Originally Posted By Erik Rutins
        Yeah...we all know you love PCO......    ...also the forum is very active and the game has a dedicated following...which can't be said for all wargames out there....    
        How exactly did PCO get pulled into this?  First mention I saw was by Wodin and as much as I've seen Wolverine regularly criticize CMBN, I've seen the same pattern from you on PCO.  Don't like it, that's fine, but why do you keep pulling us into discussions on CMBN?  It's ok for both games to exist and for wargamers to like and play both games, I do. Regards, - Erik
    Anyone with an interest in the subject would at the very least try both CM and PC
    without hesitation. With so few entries in the squad-based, company level 3D tactical realm, there is no reason one couldn't enjoy both games simultaneously, assuming the products appealed to them.

Profile Search

23 JUL 2011 at 9:56am

Wolverine101

Colonel
    Colonel

I've seen Wolverine regularly criticize CMBN
              I'd like someone to show ME where I've "regularly" criticized CMBN? As far as I remember I made one post almost 2 months ago and then this one about the patch. That's hardly "regularly". I think some people are starting to exaggerate a lil bit too much now about what Wolverine does or has done.     I'd also like to remind everyone that I have the right to my "opinion" about ANY and ALL games and I won't compromise myself just because a handful of others like them so much that any negative comment is out of order. My statement about the patch was truthful, it doesn't say "for everyone". So, some just read into it what they wanted to.

Profile Search
    23 JUL 2011 at 10:33am

Michael Dorosh

Centurion
    Centurion

Originally Posted By destraex
    Michael how did you find out about this party?
    wargamer.com is not a secret; it's mentioned often on the forums I frequent regularly.

Profile Search
    23 JUL 2011 at 10:45am

ArizonaTank

Centurion
    Centurion

Originally Posted By Michael Dorosh
    Having said that, Wodin is mostly correct. CM:BN is definetly NOT the pinnacle of tactical wargaming - that would suggest it would not be possible to improve the game, and clearly, CM:BN falls short of perfection in many categories, which even the publisher admits.
    So if CMBN in not the pinnacle...what is? 

"No, No, mix them all up.  I'm tired of state's rights." 

Union General George Thomas' reply to his chaplain, when asked if the dead from the Chatanooga campaign should be buried by state as had been done at Gettysburg.

Profile Search
    23 JUL 2011 at 11:21am

Scotters

Centurion
    Centurion

Commander Nakir Nakesh from Iron Eagle is the pinnacle of greatness! [sm=Bolt[1].gif]

"Attack them, through the flames!" Commander Nakir Nakesh

Profile Search

Page 1 of 7 :

Jump to:
    0 Members Subscribed To This Topic