Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: Hello, I design and build American Civil War Ironclads in Paper

Page 1

All Forums : [HOBBIES, INTERESTS & TECHNOLOGY] : Model Making Forum > Hello, I design and build American Civil War Ironclads in Paper
3 AUG 2011 at 5:08am

CT Ertz

Centurion
Centurion

I have been researching Civil War era ships for about 25 years but with the advent of the internet this has gotten more fun. A few years back I was introduced to paper models, and now I have been designing many ironclads and other boats not readily available in plastic or resin. Anyhow, a few months back I was asked if I could scale down my models from their 1/250 scale waterline size to something smaller for war gaming. I do not know what this war gaming scale would be as I have never played. So i am here doing research. Most of my models are under 10 inches when complete at 1/250 scale. I do not know what a practical o/a length would be for gaming. If you have a face book account you can check out some of my models here http://www.facebook.com...1355137947&sk=photos I also sell some at http://ecardmodels.com/....php?manufacturers_id=62 Many more are available for free download over at www.papermodelers.com in the downloads section. So any thoughts. Again, I am totally new to gaming. How small do you need these and how much detail is required? Ay suggestions would be helpful. Thanks, CT

Profile Search

3 AUG 2011 at 5:30am

bboyer66

Colonel
Colonel

Shiny, I would like to see the process you go through to build one of these.

Profile Search
4 AUG 2011 at 6:24am

big_country

Centurion
Centurion

That's some pretty neat stuff!

Profile Search
4 AUG 2011 at 7:36am

DoctorQuest

Centurion
Centurion

Those are very cool.

Profile Search
4 AUG 2011 at 9:15am

mirth

Centurion
Centurion

Great looking ships! I think 1/600 and 1/1200 are the common scales. I've only played a couple of CW naval miniatures games and I'm pretty sure those used 1/600 models.

Profile Search
4 AUG 2011 at 10:02am

UKyank

Centurion
Centurion

What type of paper do you print these on?

Profile Search
8 AUG 2011 at 5:38pm

CT Ertz

Centurion
Centurion

At the 1/250 scale I use 110 pound card stock from wall mart. CT

Profile Search
27 FEB 2012 at 9:59pm

lucy520

Centurion
Centurion

Those are very cool.

Profile Search
All Forums : [HOBBIES, INTERESTS & TECHNOLOGY] : Model Making Forum > Hello, I design and build American Civil War Ironclads in Paper

Page 1

Jump to:
1 Members Subscribed To This Topic