Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: Beta testing Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusades

Page 13 of 14 :

All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Beta testing Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusades
20 FEB 2012 at 10:56am

mitra

Centurion
Centurion

Here the two changed files

no forest limit on movement https://rapidshare.com/files/3425407425/no-forest-limit.rar

bigger archers penalites on the forests: https://rapidshare.com/files/3862801897/bigger-archer-penalties.rar

You must changes the corresponding files in your game with these ones.

My wargame video blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/

Profile Search

20 FEB 2012 at 12:58pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Thanks!

I'll probably give them both a separate run & get a feel for things.

Your modding definitely improves the enjoyment of this game.  Keep up the good work.

Are you brave enough for 640kb?

The Old Guard

Profile Search
7 MAR 2012 at 12:48pm

Svend Karlson

Centurion
Centurion

Impulse/Gamestop now have this on sale for 12.49 GBP / 19.64 USD

Time for me to buy

http://impulsedriven.com/realwarfare2nc

Last edited by Svend Karlson : 7 MAR 2012 12:50pm
Profile Search
7 MAR 2012 at 2:42pm

mitra

Centurion
Centurion

Nice price

Profile Search
7 MAR 2012 at 11:35pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

I started trying out the coupe different extra mod files, Mitra. 

I can see how nearly nullifying the archers murderization in forest, instead of raising the cavalry speed back up in same, could probably solve the earlier issue we were having with it.  Not quite sure yet, as I've not experienced a map that was nearly all forest once again (which started the whole thing).  It's not so much of an issue when the forests are just patches.. but when it's the whole map is what needs to be watched. 

The Old Guard

Profile Search
25 MAR 2012 at 1:11pm

mitra

Centurion
Centurion

New little mod file

https://rapidshare.com/files/418506389/custombattlemorethan20units.rar

This permit to play custom and multiplayer battles with more than 20 units

here a resume of other mod files I released.

more thant 20 units campaign: https://rapidshare.com/files/3602242512/morethan20unitscampaign.rar  permit to play battle campaign with more than 20 units

mitra-campaign mod 1.0: https://rapidshare.com/files/3629586275/mitra-campaign-mod_1.0.rar

Changes:

- when a castle or cities is taken is possible a reconquest army is generated in one of enemy cities, this army will try or to reconquest the town\castle or to defeat the conquerors army

- when a village is burned, if in the town\castle of reference for the village is present a lord\warband\patrol army this will try to defeat the ravagers army (can be the army which attack is less strong than the ravagers).

mitra-mod 1.5 https://rapidshare.com/files/556604814/mitra-modv1.5.rar

Changing:

- Is not possible to do circle if more than the 25% of soldiers is in combat, for avoid too easy circle use for avoid encirclement

- retreat zones: if a not routed grup move on the map angle, it will retreat from the battle like a routed unit; for campaign battle at place of retreat button

- no more displayed the red bases on the enemy units

- now if a group is not visibile on the minimap will be invisible also on the battle map

- the fire on enemy units is stopped if they are in melee with friendly units; the only exception is in the case of short range fire (aimed shoot) if no friendly soldier is in the fire arc)

- implementation of wood zones density: effect on FOW range and visibility, effect on arrows precision, effect on movement velocity

- indirect fire penalty: if between the shooter and the target a friend unit is present the shoot is considered indirect and has precision penalty, with the exception in the case target friendly an shooter are at different height level.

- change of arrows precision on the base or arc and target rank numbers: if the shot is parabolic a bigger number of ranks increase the hits number, a low number decrease it; if the shot arc is low it works at contrary.

- Displayed the influence range of commander: Press X for display it

- Displayed the range of maximum influence of horn sound: Press CTRL+X for display it

- Routines for AI group actions:

Groups form Circle with attacked by Cavalry or a Cavalry unit is very near

Groups go in sparse formations if under fire and not enemy unit is very near

Groups enter in dense formation during the melee

Groups return in normal formation in the ohter situations

---v 1.4

- added new routine for AI cavalry groups

Groups form Wedge for attack heavy infantry or heavy cavalry

form line for attack light troops

They try to avoid infantry troops in circle formation

if between the target enemy and the attacker there is a heavy infantry unit the attacker is fall back.

- added new routine for crosswbowmen

now they move with loaded weapon and recharge it also when there is not enemy in range (lock and load)

-  various corrections to previous change

---v1.5

- corrected bug for use the mode in multiplayer

- improved auto-reaction of AI cavalry units (they don't avoid to attack low moral units or thin ranks units)

- AI employ different army formations on the basis of army composition

no-forest-limit https://rapidshare.com/files/3425407425/no-forest-limit.rar if you want play with mitra-mod without the limit of forest slow moving

bigger archers penalties: https://rapidshare.com/files/3862801897/bigger-archer-penalties.rar bigger penalties to mitra-mod in the wood for archers.

Last edited by mitra : 25 MAR 2012 1:15pm
Profile Search
25 MAR 2012 at 9:36pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Thanks. 

Are they still working on another update?  I wonder what's gonna be on "the list"?

The Old Guard

Profile Search
26 MAR 2012 at 4:08am

DCosta

Centurion
Centurion

I think the game has seen all the patches that are going to be released. I'd be very surprised to see any more.

Profile Search
26 MAR 2012 at 7:35am

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By DCosta (26 MAR 2012 4:08am)

I think the game has seen all the patches that are going to be released. I'd be very surprised to see any more.

They announced work on a new one a couple weeks ago.

The Old Guard

Profile Search
27 MAR 2012 at 9:42am

DCosta

Centurion
Centurion

Hope so. Fingers crossed. I'd have thought the development and patch cycle would have come to an end by now thats all.

Profile Search
27 MAR 2012 at 11:27am

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

I figured that I'd pester him about info, since the 1C English forums don't get much (any?) Russian dev updates.

All I know is that work was announced on a new one.. last month IIRC?

The Old Guard

Profile Search

27 MAR 2012 at 7:26pm

danlongman

Commander
Commander

I just bought this game a little while ago and have not had a look yet.

Any suggestion of which of the bazillion patches here i should use

to get up and running?

Thanks

"Patriotism is the belief that your country is superior to all others because you were born in it." George Bernard Shaw

Profile Search
27 MAR 2012 at 7:44pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

It's alright vanilla, just has a quick ramp-up in difficulty in a couple of the early campaign scenarios. 

I'd suggest using Mitra Mod 1.5 because it fixes a Fog of War issue where you can see enemy units at times you shouldn't, along with some other good fixes & adjustments. 

I've also been using the extra archer nerf in forests file lately because they're devastating to your noob troops and his mod reduces everyone's speed to the same walk speed in forests.  In itself, I like that change but it also inadvertantly nullifies your best counter for the AI's murderous archer overkill - your cavalry's speed.   So making archers ineffective in such heavy forest is a good re-balance.  The other option lets your cavalry have their speed back (dunno if it's all or just some yet), which is a quick way to get it back closer to the vanilla rock-paper-scissors triad of balance.  Either one is fine, depending on tastes, and you can just drop that file into the Mitra Mod & overwrite the other one.   He's improved some of the issues with the tactical game and has done a good job. 

Just keep in mind that you don't want to play the tac battles like it's Total War.  Holding formation is a huge benefit to morale ,and pretty much required when using the basic troops so they don't break fast.  Archers are quite nasty at wounding and especially reducing a unit's morale and causing wounds, and morale is often what wins or loses battles in this game.  It also happens much faster than TW so you gotta be on your toes when first engaging; it's also difficult to get things under control once your men get 'stuck in' so the initial approach is key.  For these reasons it's nice for such differences, but will take some practice to get it down well.

Tending your army with money, xp, and all that is a nice change.  There is more RPG-like levelling with your general and each of your individual army units and that is the core of the campaign fun, I think.

I like the game, campaign is a nice addition and/but I'd like to see it filled out some more.  With expansions, even.  I've been dickering around in other games in the hopes that the proclaimed update will be along in a bit and I can fully jump back in with more tweaks involved.

The Old Guard

Last edited by Nefaro : 27 MAR 2012 7:48pm
Profile Search
28 MAR 2012 at 9:24am

DCosta

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By danlongman (27 MAR 2012 7:26pm)

I just bought this game a little while ago and have not had a look yet.

Any suggestion of which of the bazillion patches here i should use

to get up and running?

Thanks

Be very careful in your choices in upgrading your troops, as it the begining of the game it can be very frustratiing , as one mistake in choosing the wrong troop type can mean you have a hard time trying to get the next leevl of troop.

Hard to explain. 

Also the mod is a definate.

Profile Search
28 MAR 2012 at 12:56pm

mitra

Centurion
Centurion

I can only tell the patch will come out this is sure.

in the meantime my new work the mitra-campaign-mod 1.1

https://rapidshare.com/files/3083046876/mitra-campaign-mod_1.1.rar

This unify the mod mitra-campaign 1.0, morethan20unitscampaign and morethan20unitscustombattle and add a cfg file (in the directory gui) for play with random battle maps with dimension bigger than the standard 256x256 (320x320,384x384,512x512). THe instructions are in the read me.

Profile Search
31 MAR 2012 at 3:45pm

mitra

Centurion
Centurion

Unified all my mods in one +  two additions:

https://rapidshare.com/files/946556667/mitra-rw-mod.rar

Changes:

- Is not possible to do circle if more than the 25% of soldiers is in combat, for avoid too easy circle use for avoid encirclement

- retreat zones: if a not routed grup move on the map angle, it will retreat from the battle like a routed unit; for campaign battle at place of retreat button

- now if a group is not visibile on the minimap will be invisible also on the battle map

- the fire on enemy units is stopped if they are in melee with friendly units; the only exception is in the case of short range fire (aimed shoot) if no friendly soldier is in the fire arc)

- implementation of wood zones density: effect on FOW range and visibility, effect on arrows precision, effect on movement velocity

- indirect fire penalty: if between the shooter and the target a friend unit is present the shoot is considered indirect and has precision penalty, with the exception in the case target friendly an shooter are at different height level.

- change of arrows precision on the base or arc and target rank numbers: if the shot is parabolic a bigger number of ranks increase the hits number, a low number decrease it; if the shot arc is low it works at contrary.

- Displayed the range of maximum influence of horn sound: Press CTRL+X for display it

if between the target enemy and the attacker there is a heavy infantry unit the attacker is fall back.

now they move with loaded weapon and recharge it also when there is not enemy in range (lock and load)

- improved auto-reaction of AI cavalry units (they don't avoid to attack low moral units or thin ranks units)

campaign changes

- possible to play campaign and custom battles with more than 20 units

- when a castle or cities is taken is possible a reconquest army is generated in one of enemy cities, this army will try or to reconquest the town\castle or to defeat the conquerors army

- when a village is burned, if in the town\castle of reference for the village is present a lord\warband\patrol army this will try to defeat the ravagers army (can be the army which attack is less strong than the ravagers).

- added a file config for generate bigger random map (for custom battles and campaign battles); the possible dimensione are 256x256 (the default of game),320x320,384x384,512x512). Enter in the file modsettings.cfg in the gui directory and change the parameters width and height according to your choice. Please note to use the 512x512 only if you have a good memory amount becuase can be heavy to load.

addition after the merge

- reduced the effect of stone weapons on the walls, for increase the value of ladders,towers and rams, and for be more historically realistic.

- added the deploy phase also to field battle during the campaign (no siege battles)

Profile Search
11 APR 2012 at 4:13am

JaguarUSF

Commander
Commander

Game is 75% off right now.

Last edited by JaguarUSF : 11 APR 2012 4:14am
Profile Search
11 APR 2012 at 7:12am

Sol Invictus

Centurion
Centurion

Can't pass up the GG sale.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery" Cicero

Profile Search
20 APR 2012 at 7:11am

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Sneaksie;410196
I hope we'll give you good news soon, in a week or so.

Hrmm..  Maybe we'll get lucky and the new update will unlock some extra factions.  Perhaps lower the battle load times further?  Add more optional side "missions" in the campaign?  I suppose we'll see shortly.

This game has lots of potential but I think it still needs more 'stuff' added, to be really great.

The Old Guard

Last edited by Nefaro : 20 APR 2012 7:12am
Profile Search
20 APR 2012 at 5:12pm

destraex

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Originally Posted By mitra (31 MAR 2012 3:45pm)

Unified all my mods in one +  two additions:

https://rapidshare.com/files/946556667/mitra-rw-mod.rar

Changes:

campaign changes

- possible to play campaign and custom battles with more than 20 units

- added a file config for generate bigger random map (for custom battles and campaign battles); the possible dimensione are 256x256 (the default of game),320x320,384x384,512x512). Enter in the file modsettings.cfg in the gui directory and change the parameters width and height according to your choice. Please note to use the 512x512 only if you have a good memory amount becuase can be heavy to load.

addition after the merge

- reduced the effect of stone weapons on the walls, for increase the value of ladders,towers and rams, and for be more historically realistic.

- added the deploy phase also to field battle during the campaign (no siege battles)

Mitra I have to ask. From memory the teutonic knight did not win a single battle. Its a bit like having the Iraqis in the gulf war as your major enemy.

How is this simulated in your game's battles. Are the teutonic knights stats lower than other factions?

Cliffs of Dover finally fixed

The Old Guard

Last edited by destraex : 20 APR 2012 5:13pm
Profile Search
21 APR 2012 at 3:09am

mitra

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By destraex (20 APR 2012 5:12pm)

Mitra I have to ask. From memory the teutonic knight did not win a single battle. Its a bit like having the Iraqis in the gulf war as your major enemy.

How is this simulated in your game's battles. Are the teutonic knights stats lower than other factions?

If I remember well they also wins clashes, anyway the losses are caused by numeric inferiority or command errors not from weapons system, which at the end proof to be the success factor (Horse, crossbow and castles ) also when the field battles are loses. are the factors of medevial warfare and in northern crusades in particular.  So make no sense gives inferior statistics to teutonics, because win or lost is in the hands of player.

Profile Search

21 APR 2012 at 3:34am

destraex

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What major battle did the tuetonic knights ever win?

Cliffs of Dover finally fixed

The Old Guard

Profile Search
21 APR 2012 at 6:30am

mitra

Centurion
Centurion

The bigger one was later respect the start of Crusades because the mainly battles was fight from the Sword brothers ( also Peipus defeat was mainly a Sword-borthers\Livonian order defeat). War in Prussia was mainly a raid and siege affair.

I found these: Chojnice,Rudau,Siritsa River,Streva,Konisberg siege.

Profile Search
16 JUN 2012 at 3:47am

mitra

Centurion
Centurion

THe game sis in offers on gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RW2NC/real-warfare-2-northern-crusades

Profile Search
16 JUN 2012 at 6:29am

Surtur

Centurion
Centurion

Any news on the new patch?

www.twitch.tv/Surtur01

Profile Search
All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Beta testing Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusades

Page 13 of 14 :

Jump to:
3 Members Subscribed To This Topic