Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: Panzer Corps: Serial Number Not Working

Page 1

All Forums : [HOBBIES, INTERESTS & TECHNOLOGY] : Computer Tech Talk > Panzer Corps: Serial Number Not Working
27 NOV 2011 at 6:11pm

Gusington

General
General

OK I just took delivery of my physical copy of Panzer Corps and the serial number printed on the disk is not being accepted to install. Who should I contact?

Thanks all!

I'm glad my character uses a shield because I may be taking a bashing here soon.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search

27 NOV 2011 at 8:07pm

Staggerwing

Colonel
Colonel

I'd try over at either the Matrix or Slitherine forums, depending on where you purchased from. Also, I'm sure you know this but make sure you  haven't mixed up any Os with 0s...(zeros vs letter 'o'). 

You could start here...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=987&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

Wit Ye further, or how...?

-Voluspa (Poetic Eddas)

Profile Search
28 NOV 2011 at 8:11am

Gusington

General
General

^Hmm...maybe I did do that. I don't have it in front of me now, so I can't check again. Thanks for the link.

I'm glad my character uses a shield because I may be taking a bashing here soon.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
29 NOV 2011 at 8:29am

Gusington

General
General

Sent a request in the Slithering and Matrix last night asking for help. Waiting to hear back.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
29 NOV 2011 at 8:38am

Jarhead0331

Colonel
Colonel

Very funny timing.  I just tried to install PC to my labtop and had the exact same problem.  I did not experience this when I installed it to my desktop.  I created a ticket at the help desk and was advised it may be a problem caused by my anti-virus software.  I was instructed to try shutting it off during install, and if that doesn't work, to actually UNINSTALL my anti-virus software!  To me, that solution is unacceptable.

In any event, I haven't tried to install with the anti-virus software turned off yet.  I'll try tonight.

For the record, my desktop where I had no problem runs Kaspersky.  My labtop where I experienced the problem runs Norton.

"And They shall know no fear, for they are fear incarnate"

The Old Guard

Last edited by Jarhead0331 : 29 NOV 2011 8:40am
Profile Search
29 NOV 2011 at 8:41am

Gusington

General
General

^Thanks JH...my desktop runs Norton too. That must be it, but I agree...there has to be a better way than turning everything off. Of course it would be nice if they answered my message too but hey we all can't have everything can we?

BTW I have been re-installing all my games and haven't had any issues with passcodes until this one.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
29 NOV 2011 at 8:50am

Jarhead0331

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Gusington

^Thanks JH...my desktop runs Norton too. That must be it, but I agree...there has to be a better way than turning everything off. Of course it would be nice if they answered my message too but hey we all can't have everything can we?

BTW I have been re-installing all my games and haven't had any issues with passcodes until this one.

This is a problem I have had in the past with a number of matrix games.  This, however, is the first time I've been told it may be related to a anti-virus software conflict.  I do not mind shutting down my anti-viral software briefly for purposes of an install.  However, I refuse to uninstall my ant-virus software altogether.  That is just ridiculous in the extreme.

Anyway, it took about two days for me to get a response to my inquiry.  I'm sure you'll get the same response I got.  They also tell you to type in the serial code, rather than simply cutting and pasting.

Let me know if you solve the problem.

The Old Guard

Last edited by Jarhead0331 : 29 NOV 2011 8:51am
Profile Search
29 NOV 2011 at 8:56am

Gusington

General
General

Two days? Alright. I just sent my message last night. Covering all bases, I did type in the number, multiple times...no cut and paste.

There's no way I'm uninstalling my AV either...it would take about 30 seconds for the new machine to get some kind of horrible infection.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
29 NOV 2011 at 3:55pm

ghostryder

Colonel
Colonel

I wouldn't advise uninstalling Norton---and i find the suggestion unexceptable as JH has---have those guys ever tried to uninstall Norton over at Matrix???!!!! It is no simple matter-and if you do not follow the uninstall directions correctly (which involves going to Norton's sight and running batch removal tools) you will corrupt Windows so badly your be Fdisking your drive and reinstalling everything.

I would shut it down (while being physically disconnected from the internet) and running the install as admin---but beyond that the burden falls back on Matrix.

The Old Guard

Profile Search
2 DEC 2011 at 3:44pm

Dion

Centurion
Centurion

The first three games I bought with serial numbers, about 3-5 years ago, worked just fine. The last two, about 1-3 years ago, didn't work. Makes wounder if I will ever be able to buy another game. Concidering most games require serial number activation nowadays, my gaming days may be numbered.

Wargaming: The art of fighting without fighting.

Last edited by Dion : 2 DEC 2011 3:55pm
Profile Search
5 DEC 2011 at 12:40pm

Gusington

General
General

A week later and I'm still waiting just to hear back. WTF Matrix?

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search

5 DEC 2011 at 7:19pm

Staggerwing

Colonel
Colonel

Did you email Erik Rutins?

Wit Ye further, or how...?

-Voluspa (Poetic Eddas)

Profile Search
6 DEC 2011 at 8:43pm

Rostfrei

Centurion
Centurion

I hope you get it working, looking forward to your impressions of the game.

Profile Search
8 DEC 2011 at 5:44pm

Gusington

General
General

^Weirdest thing. Got home after not trying for a week and *poof* the number worked on the first try. Thanks for your help all. Don't understand it...but...glad it works. In thanks I'm now getting the newly announced Eastern Front DLC 

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
8 DEC 2011 at 6:11pm

Jarhead0331

Colonel
Colonel

Did you do anything different? Mine still is not working...super annoying.

The Old Guard

Profile Search
8 DEC 2011 at 9:08pm

Gusington

General
General

Absolutely nothing different at all. 

?

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
8 DEC 2011 at 10:08pm

destraex

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

IS panzer corp $20? I would grab it for that.

Cliffs of Dover finally fixed

The Old Guard

Profile Search
9 DEC 2011 at 3:31pm

Gusington

General
General

^I got it for 30.00. And hey guess what! I downloaded the 1941 DLC and the serial number doesn't work. Again.

Trying to be a loyal fan here but this kind of crap is really, REALLY annoying. Guess I'll wait a week again for it to suddenly work like I did with the base game.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
9 DEC 2011 at 8:40pm

junk2drive

Commander
Commander

Since the system works for the majority of people, it must be something on your system, like a security setting, or something you are doing when you type the number. Are you using the hyphens?

It should be xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

The Wargamers Tournament: Phase One Combatant Medal

Profile Search
10 DEC 2011 at 8:04am

Gusington

General
General

I walked away from it, then tried again a few minutes later and it worked. Just like last time. I'll be damned if I have any idea why...just glad it works after a few tries.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
10 DEC 2011 at 11:53am

junk2drive

Commander
Commander

Glad it is working. I hope you burn all your downloads to CD or USB drive so that you won't be posting in 6 months that you can't find out how to re download a game.

The Wargamers Tournament: Phase One Combatant Medal

Profile Search
All Forums : [HOBBIES, INTERESTS & TECHNOLOGY] : Computer Tech Talk > Panzer Corps: Serial Number Not Working

Page 1

Jump to:
0 Members Subscribed To This Topic