Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: HPS good service

Page 1

12 DEC 2011 at 3:29pm

Wodin

Commander
Commander

Just recieved an email from HPS and have been given a refund for Tigers. So I have deleted the game. Maybe after a few patches I shall see how things go and I might buy it again.

However for now once the money has cleared I shall be getting France 14. 

Profile Search

12 DEC 2011 at 3:38pm

Azzurri

General
General

Don't do it!

It is better to die by a swords quick thrust than to be impaled for a lifetime upon the sharp tongue of a woman.-Grimjack

Profile Search
12 DEC 2011 at 4:33pm

Wodin

Commander
Commander

What dont refund or don't get France '14??

The refund has already happened. Like I said in the future after patches if i see the game works for everyone without lots of errors and if they improve the AI I will buy it back again. 

Profile Search
12 DEC 2011 at 7:55pm

Epee1

Commander
Commander

Wodin,

Careful when responding to Azzuri, you may regret it.

Combat Command The Forgotten Gamers

Profile Search
12 DEC 2011 at 8:00pm

Azzurri

General
General

You won't be happy.

It is better to die by a swords quick thrust than to be impaled for a lifetime upon the sharp tongue of a woman.-Grimjack

Profile Search
13 DEC 2011 at 2:59am

Wodin

Commander
Commander

With France '14?

Profile Search
20 JAN 2012 at 3:28pm

Dion

Centurion
Centurion

France '14 is great! It's just like Panzer Campaignes, but set in WWI instead of WWII. I think it has the best graphics of any HPS game.

Wargaming: The art of fighting without fighting.

Profile Search
20 JAN 2012 at 6:16pm

Red Bear

Centurion
Centurion

Yep F'14 is Superb can't wait for Tannenberg

Also there is first class mod's for the graphic in this game just go to Volcanoman's site You will find new unit graphics and Mapmod for the map graphics.

Together they will make F'14 to one of the best looking turnbased game on the clode. Just Enjoy

Putin the Strongman!

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 9:37am

Philippe

Commander
Commander

The thing to remember about Volcano Man's mod is that he is the designer of the game.  His mod is the way he, as designer, would have wanted the game to look if it weren't for copyright and graphics expense issues.

The latests HPS patch for France '14 can be found here:

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/updates/up_WWI/up_WWI.html

The current patch is to version 1.01.   Another patch in the works.  No idea what the ETA of the patch is, however.

There are three mods for France 1914.

The first is Volcano Man's.  You can get it here:

http://www.volcanomods.com/

Volcano Man designed the game, but the graphics that you'll find in his mod can only appear as a mod for copyright reasons.  But because he designed the game, this mod is a little different from his other mods in that this one only changes the visuals.  When he wants to make changes to the underlying game that change will appear in an official HPS patch.

The second mod is mine.  You can get it here:

http://tfe4.wordpress.com/graphics-and-sound-mods/panzer-campaigns-and-other-hps-titles/

This mod makes changes to the 2D map and unit images, but needs to be installed over Volcano Man's mod.  The map is parchment textured without a built-in hexgrid, the unit colors are somewhat different (traditional uniform colors), everything is a little clearer to look at, and the mod includes period music. 

The third mod is Jison's.  You can get it here:

http://mapmod.hist-sdc.com/fwwc.htm

This mod comes in two flavors: one is high concept, the other more traditional.  The high concept version is a very impressive stand-alone mod, the more traditional version needs to be installed over Volcano Man's mod.  Both mods use Jison's signature built-in hexgrid.

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Profile Search
18 MAR 2012 at 6:17pm

milrevko

Centurion
Centurion

Thanks for the three links

Profile Search

Page 1

Jump to:
1 Members Subscribed To This Topic