Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: ***POST HERE*** Any Forum Issues (and ONLY HERE)

Page 1 of 6 :

All Forums : [ENLISTMENT & FEEDBACK] : Wargamer Feedback & Forum/Site Rules > ***POST HERE*** Any Forum Issues (and ONLY HERE)
20 DEC 2011 at 9:01pm

Sigma One

General
General

We are currently doing some work on the forums. There will be some issues from time to time until it is finished. In the meantime, please post here any issues you encountering along with what web browser you are using and version if possible.

KNOWN ISSUES

-Forums not remembering being logged in

Post here about your issue once or if you encounter it in a different fashion. What this also means is that making a new thread anywhere it just going to lead to clutter and make it harder for us to find out issues people are having. Post them here.

Profile Search

21 DEC 2011 at 5:47am

Staggerwing

Colonel
Colonel

The 'Find Memeber Posts' button still only brings up threads started by that member, not all of their posts in all threads.

This may seem a minor issue but I've used it in the past to track down my own posts when the forums are moving particularly

fast and I'm trying to see if someone answered a question of mine within another's thread or trying to pick up a discussion

where I left off previously when I can't remember what thread it was. (Don't laugh you young-uns out there...it'l' happen to you

one day too...). I can usually only check the forums for a short while in the AM and PM and trying to scroll through hundreds of

posts is a huge time-waster.

BTW I'm using FF6, latest Chrome, and Safari so I don't think it's browser related.

Wit Ye further, or how...?

-Voluspa (Poetic Eddas)

Last edited by Staggerwing : 21 DEC 2011 5:49am
Profile Search
21 DEC 2011 at 6:38am

Martok

Colonel
Colonel

^  I just noticed this problem myself today.  It's happening to me using FF version 4. 

"I happen to believe that both parties deserve a good scouring with a metal brush and sent to their room without reelection" - Steelgrave

The Old Guard

Profile Search
21 DEC 2011 at 7:21am

DoctorQuest

Centurion
Centurion

I liked the "go to the last post" feature of the previous forum software....

I still don't know how to get my avatar and sig pictures working.......

Profile Search
21 DEC 2011 at 8:21am

Wolverine101

Colonel
Colonel

It's not saving my cookie for login and I have to login everytime I come here. Please fix thank you.

Also the pages load unusually slow compared to other sites like Matrixgames. It takes 30 seconds or more sometimes just to go from one page to the next. Does the same when posting also.

Want is the foundation of impatience, a step without thought can be a drop without end

Dbeves: And LMFAO - didnt you just have to work battlefront into your response somewhere - you are priceless.

Listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYhAycDqhog 

"ha! GL getting THAT much...lolz"

Last edited by Wolverine101 : 21 DEC 2011 8:21am
Profile Search
21 DEC 2011 at 8:33am

Gusington

General
General

PMs haven't been working for me since the migration using Chrome or Firefox. There are also multiple profiles for me floating around. I know, way back when, that I only created one myself.

I'm glad my character uses a shield because I may be taking a bashing here soon.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
21 DEC 2011 at 8:35am

undercovergeek

Commander
Commander

can we get the 'mouse over preview' back - when you hover the mouse over the thread and it gives you the first two lines or so in a pop up

Profile Search
21 DEC 2011 at 5:00pm

Silent Disapproval Robot

Commander
Commander

Gus keeps sitting on my side of the internet!

豆腐の角に頭をぶつけて死ね

Profile Search
21 DEC 2011 at 5:15pm

Staggerwing

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Gusington

PMs haven't been working for me since the migration using Chrome or Firefox. There are also multiple profiles for me floating around. I know, way back when, that I only created one myself.

Yeah, I sent you one in October and you didn't get it till December. I sent you one yesterday as well. Did you get it?

Wit Ye further, or how...?

-Voluspa (Poetic Eddas)

Profile Search
21 DEC 2011 at 9:45pm

Herman Hum

Commander
Commander

I've tried to send PMs, too.  They are listed in my Sent Folder, but I cannot delete them.

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Profile Search
23 DEC 2011 at 6:32pm

Silent Disapproval Robot

Commander
Commander

Not only do I keep getting logged out and have to login in each time I load WG, I'm now being asked to enter yet another stupid security code when I want to post something.  RETARDED!

豆腐の角に頭をぶつけて死ね

Profile Search

28 DEC 2011 at 9:18pm

Sigma One

General
General

Every issue up to this point has been saved and has been sent in to see whats the issue. I'll keep you gents updated on how it goes.

Profile Search
30 DEC 2011 at 8:16pm

Dion

Centurion
Centurion

When I posted my 200th post, my total number of posts suddenly was reduced to 1. This post makes it 202, but it only shows 2. 

Wargaming: The art of fighting without fighting.

Profile Search
1 JAN 2012 at 7:02am

Martok

Colonel
Colonel

Testing. 

"I happen to believe that both parties deserve a good scouring with a metal brush and sent to their room without reelection" - Steelgrave

The Old Guard

Profile Search
4 JAN 2012 at 1:28am

Yskonyn

Commander
Commander

From a few days ago till now I suddenly get logged out every time I leave the wesbite, where at first I remained logged in as long as I kept the tickmark selected.

Eventhough that tickmark is still selected when logging in, it does not keep me logged in anymore. Rather annoying.

EDIT: Just realised this is a known issue. Sorry. Well at least this is a bump for the problem then. If you were wondering; yes it still does not work as of now.

- Yskonyn

Last edited by Yskonyn : 4 JAN 2012 1:30am
Profile Search
4 JAN 2012 at 11:38pm

Martok

Colonel
Colonel

Another issue: 

When visiting the forums for the first time (that day) and I click on "Active Topics", instead of pulling up the active threads from the last time I actually visited the site, it will only bring up those topics from the last 0-30 seconds or so (which of course is usually zero). 

The Old Guard

Profile Search
4 JAN 2012 at 11:38pm

Cougar_DK

Centurion
Centurion

The forum takes a loooong time to load, both threads and the different forums.

Seen on my iPad running safari, my primary gaming rig running win 7/ ff and my pc at the office (win 7/ff)

-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Profile Search
9 JAN 2012 at 11:42am

JudgeDredd

Commander
Commander

Please for the love of all humanity sort the website out!

As well as the login issue (which is a massive chore believe it or not) I get this...

When I go to click on the Forum link, it drops down some kind of sub menu that doesn't actually relate to forums at all...so I cannot get into the forums by this standard method. Actually the picture above is NOT what I got - but strangely what was captured! There were more than 3 topics and they were totally unrelated to the forums...the pic above was the second time I tried it to take pictures and inform you - but it must have worked second time - but it definitely didn't first time.

To make matters worse for you, this issue does not happen when I'm at work (IE

but only at home (IE9)...although the login is an issue regardless of computer in use or IE version it seems

Also - they seem very, very slow since the move.

Last edited by JudgeDredd : 9 JAN 2012 11:46am
Profile Search
9 JAN 2012 at 3:22pm

Herman Hum

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By JudgeDredd

Also - they seem very, very slow since the move.

It wasn't very slow right after the initial move, but it does seem positively glacial at this time.

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Last edited by Herman Hum : 13 JAN 2012 6:05pm
Profile Search
10 JAN 2012 at 4:47pm

cmurphy

Centurion
Centurion

Funny thing for me, on Dolphin HD on my Toshiba Thrive, I don't have the 'login' issue. Opera on the thrive it has the login issue.. I wonder if they save cookies differently.. but my laptop desktops.. all have to login every time..

Profile Search
10 JAN 2012 at 8:07pm

Steelgrave

Colonel
Colonel

Ditto on having to log in every time, with both IE4 and Firefox.

"When in danger, or in doubt.....run in circles, scream and shout!!!", author Herman Wouk.

Profile Search

11 JAN 2012 at 5:16am

SiTheSly

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By Steelgrave

IE4 - I'm impressed it still runs 

Profile Search
15 JAN 2012 at 11:28am

Steelgrave

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By SiTheSly

Originally Posted By Steelgrave

IE4 - I'm impressed it still runs 

Ha! Actually, come to think of it, I have no idea what version of Explorer I am running. I use Explorer strictly as a backup and to access school. Other than that, nada.

"When in danger, or in doubt.....run in circles, scream and shout!!!", author Herman Wouk.

Profile Search
15 JAN 2012 at 11:50am

Hobbes

Centurion
Centurion

Using IE8. The website always takes several seconds to appear - may not sound like much of a problem but I know people get impatient quite quickly and a few seconds can often make people click off. Also I quite often get some wierd can't connect problem that I rarely see with other websites.

On a personal note - I preferred the look of the old website. I don't like how the forum posts are less obvious now.

Cheers, Chris

Profile Search
15 JAN 2012 at 11:52am

Hobbes

Centurion
Centurion

Just realised that every time I post I get a disconnect message now - even though the post is still made.

Profile Search
All Forums : [ENLISTMENT & FEEDBACK] : Wargamer Feedback & Forum/Site Rules > ***POST HERE*** Any Forum Issues (and ONLY HERE)

Page 1 of 6 :

Jump to:
12 Members Subscribed To This Topic