Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: Ubisoft at it again- This time GPUs

Page 1

All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Ubisoft at it again- This time GPUs
16 JAN 2012 at 8:28am

Reich36

Commander
Commander

Saw this on rockpapershotgun.com.  Ubisoft now tracks with their DRM what GPUs you use during activation. Well that's it I'm NEVER buying any ubisoft under these conditions.

http://www.guru3d.com/news/why-guru3d-probably-never-will-review-ubisoft-titles-anymore/

Profile Search

16 JAN 2012 at 8:40am

Shelldrake

Commander
Commander

What a bunch of complete idiots! Doesn't Ubisoft realize that gamers are always upgrading?!! No more Ubisoft products for me either!

Profile Search
16 JAN 2012 at 9:43am

Fenwick

Centurion
Centurion

And I thought Ubisoft had learned its lesson about extreme DRM when it abandoned Starforce.

Profile Search
16 JAN 2012 at 11:03am

danlongman

Commander
Commander

I think these suits who are running the show at Ubi and EA and for that matter any other annoying

drm thingys would do a cost/benefit analysis over a time period of perhaps more than a few months.

So many potential customers who buy a lot of games hate them so much it no longer matters what

they put out anymore.  Personally if i run into a drm that can be used without a hassle i am okay.

But if it is enough to be difficult or an annoyance that ruins my fun - fack 'em!

I am not that hard to please and i have well over two hundred  games but if they make it hard for me

to have fun my gaming money goes elsewhere.  As simple as that.  I am fortunate enough to have

time and money (never enough but we are all gonna die anyway) for games and THEY ain't getting it.

There are at least half a dozen Ubi products alone i have passed over because i do not like their policy.

How many books would you buy if you had to fone the publisher everytime you opened it?

I know this has been done to death around here i just needed to state i am happy to spend money on

people who do not set out to piss me off from the moment i start installing.  So many people who use

pirated stuff NEVER buy ANYTHING ever....etc etc etc

"Patriotism is the belief that your country is superior to all others because you were born in it." George Bernard Shaw

Profile Search
31 JAN 2012 at 7:35pm

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

I'm pretty sure Ubi isn't the only ones doing this, either.

Are you brave enough for 640kb?

The Old Guard

Profile Search
31 JAN 2012 at 8:11pm

MohawkDaddy

Centurion
Centurion

That author is far kinder than I am, I never would have posted the results of the first two tests.  So if I buy the game (1), upgrade my card (2) and then have a hard drive crash (3), that's it for that game?  What if I download a bad mod or Ubi puts out a patch that breaks the game?  How clueless can they be?

Profile Search
1 FEB 2012 at 5:58pm

Greybriar

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By Nefaro (31 JAN 2012 7:35pm)

I'm pretty sure Ubi isn't the only ones doing this, either.

I agree. If everyone were to read the Terms of Service, End User's License Agreement, and/or any of the other legal agreements gamers are forced to submit to before they can play the games they purchased, they would probably find some unpleasant surprises.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

Profile Search
1 FEB 2012 at 8:40pm

Eyebiter

Commander
Commander

Last Ubisoft game I bought required a seperate account and constant internet connection to play.  Said heck with it, took it back to the store unopened for a refund.  Figure if the vendor puts that much BS on a PC video game, then they either don't want or need my money.

Buy your share of freedom... today!

Profile Search
All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Ubisoft at it again- This time GPUs

Page 1

Jump to:
0 Members Subscribed To This Topic