Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: New AGEOD game to be announced tomorrow!

Page 1 of 10 :

17 JAN 2012 at 8:09am

Slick Wilhelm

Centurion
Centurion

Straight from the cursor of PhilThib over on AGEOD's news forum...

Yes, we are in Stockholm right now. Official anouncements will be done on wednesday

There's a rumor that a Napoleon's Campaign 2 is in the works, perhaps including operations on a grander scale, as in Egypt!

Any other guesses? 

Beta Tester: Brother Against Brother; Commander: The Great War

Last edited by Slick Wilhelm : 17 JAN 2012 8:09am
Profile Search

17 JAN 2012 at 8:23am

Anguille

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I would like to see something set in the Antics...like Punic Wars or else.

Forumrules

My all time favorite games:
Master of Orion, Caesar II, Civil War Generals II, Homeworld, Star Trek: Birth of the Federation, Far Gate, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Conquest: Frontier Wars, Master of Orion III, Spartan, Haegemonia: Legions of Iron, Knights of Honor, Port Royal II, Celtic Kings: Punic Wars, Rising Kingdoms, Glory of the Roman Empire, Armies of Exigo, Takeda 2 and 3, Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar and Armada 2526 Supernova, Strategic War in Europe

The Old Guard

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 8:25am

spelk

Commander
Commander

I got all excited then, I saw "announced" and my mind read "released". More waiting. Pah!

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 8:27am

sandman2575

Centurion
Centurion

Hopefully it's something World War 2 centered!!

(Kidding Nefaro,  kidding)...

Actually, Napoleon 2 would be fantastic news...

"Well, if this is it, old boy, I hope you don't mind I go out speaking the King's?"  - Lt. Archie Hicox

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 9:38am

IanC

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By sandman2575

Hopefully it's something World War 2 centered!!

If this is the case I'll be very happy.  I hope we'll see a WW2 European Theatre game from them (or perhaps a global one) at some point.

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 10:01am

spelk

Commander
Commander

I'd love to see what they could with a WWII themed AGE engine game. Stick to the logistics/operational battles and steer clear of the Grand Grand Strategy and resource/trading stuff.

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 10:33am

Surtur

Centurion
Centurion

Rather see them fix/expand PRoN, it has great potential. 

Then again, a new game (less ambitous) would be great too, love RUS

www.twitch.tv/Surtur01

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 10:59am

W8taminute

Centurion
Centurion

Looking forward to anything AGEOD puts out.  I love AGEOD games period!!!

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 11:15am

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Slick Wilhelm

Straight from the cursor of PhilThib over on AGEOD's news forum...

Yes, we are in Stockholm right now. Official anouncements will be done on wednesday

There's a rumor that a Napoleon's Campaign 2 is in the works, perhaps including operations on a grander scale, as in Egypt!

Any other guesses? 

NCP2 has been planned as the next one for awhile, so wouldn't surprise me.

Hell, I still need to finish the long scenarios in RoP, RUS, BoA2, and of course PON (which may never get to the end).

Are you brave enough for 640kb?

The Old Guard

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 11:17am

Philippe

Commander
Commander

I have mixed feelings about this.  I'm sure whatever they announce will be an interesting title.  And my hope is that it will be Napoleon 2, and that this time they get it right.  I realize that they have to keep turning out new games to keep the money flowing in, but I'm concerned that the new imperfect baby (whatever it is) will take precedance over PrON.  Now my sense is that a lot of what makes an AGEOD game a success is that it attracts a strong following of dedicated players how keep giving feedback, so that when a game is handed over from the primary development team to the longterm support team it blossoms rather than wilts.  AACW is a case in point.  But I'm worried that PrON may not make it to a healthy middle age if enough enthusiastic and supportive players don't crystalize around it.  AACW and WIA deserve and have received a lot of TLC, and it shows.  RUS and ROP look like they will move in a similar direction (though the map inaccuracies in ROP drive me crazy to the point that I'm holding off on buying the game).  I'd really, really like to see PrON follow the same route as WIA, but judging from its English forum I'm not sure it will (the French and especially the Spanish forums, however, are much more encouraging).  And in case anyone is wondering, WW I Gold moved a moribund game that was following the NAP model to something a bit more along the lines of ROP (partially because they got a great Italian programmer involved in the project, and partially, I suspect, because Philippe Thibaut probably has a soft spot in his heart for it as the designer of the boardgame).

For those like myself for whom aconyms are anathema, here's a translation of some of the terms I just used in the preceding paragraph:

AACW: Ageod's American Civil War

PrON: Gloire des Nations (aka Pride of Nations)

ROP: Rise of Prussia

RUS: Revolution under Siege

NAP: Napoleon's Campaigns

WIA: War in America (aka BOA 2)

BOA: Birth of America (aka BOA 1)

WW I Gold:  World War One Gold (aka What An Improvement)

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 11:43am

jnier

Centurion
Centurion

I also hope that it is Napoleon's Campaigns 2, with economics, production, etc. And let's also hope that they learned their lesson from PoN (don't put too much in!). They are maybe my favorite developer, so I have confidence they will get it right.

Last edited by jnier : 17 JAN 2012 2:10pm
Profile Search

17 JAN 2012 at 11:57am

AAshbery76

Commander
Commander

Hopefully it will have feasible turn times and campaign length to actually play it.

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 12:17pm

Slick Wilhelm

Centurion
Centurion

While a NCP2 would be welcome, my heart cries out for an Anglo-Boer wars and Anglo-Zulu wars AGEOD title.

It's time that South Africa gets some lovin'!

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 12:24pm

spelk

Commander
Commander

Go on then, I'm with Slick - Anglo-Zulu Wars please!

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 12:26pm

AAshbery76

Commander
Commander

Paradox owned AGEOD are not going to make games that only 10 people buy.I expect a mainstream history game..

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 12:30pm

tgb123

Commander
Commander

They are also announcing a new "real-time" mode for PrON - turns are still two weeks, but now take two weeks to process.

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 12:58pm

Slick Wilhelm

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By tgb123

They are also announcing a new "real-time" mode for PrON - turns are still two weeks, but now take two weeks to process.

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 1:04pm

Reich36

Commander
Commander

Napoleon's Campaigns 2 would be nice. I liked Rise of Prussia, and Birth of America 2 (which I should be playing more of)

But I am impressed with whatever they decide to do.

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 1:11pm

SiTheSly

Centurion
Centurion

I agree with Philippe - summed up my thoughts exactly. Hoping they have learned their lesson with ProN. RUS was a breath of fresh air.

Credit where credit is due they do seem to explore the areas neglected by the English speaking world.

Not too keen on a Zulu war but the 1899 Boer War would be excellent.

I would like to see a Chinese Civil War as they seem to do civil war very well.

The actual French Civil War never gets much of a mention. I am assuming the revolutionaries did actually have to fight for power. 

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 1:24pm

leo

Centurion
Centurion

I agree with the Chinese Civil War, also the English civil war is a possibility.  You're right, The AGE system does civil wars best.  France didn't really have civil war after its revolution, but the Revolutionary Wars were quite eventful, with Valmy and of course Napoleons Italian Campaign.

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 1:32pm

Philippe

Commander
Commander

I may be missing something (I usually am) but I keep seeing people mention that they wished PrON included the Boer War.  My version of PrON has a seventy-plus turn 2nd Boer War scenario that starts in 1899.  I'll admit to not having gotten around to attempting to play it yet, but is there something about it that I should be aware of?

I bought my version of PrON at the year-end Gamersgate sale, and patched it up to version 1.02, probably from the AGEOD website.  And being used to working with quirky software (which this probably isn't), I installed the Franco-Prussian War, Spanish-American War, and American Civil War expansions before I applied the patch.  The whole package cost me less than four bucks because it was year-end and I the got four related games for the price of three bonus -- which is why I was willing to risk buying a less than satisfying game.  It's more expensive now but still doesn't cost that much.  Is what I have on my computer all that different from what people here have?  And if it doesn't work as advertised (and at this stage in its half-life, how could it) my suggestion to those who really, really want the Boer War would be to make very specific posts about it in the PrON section of AGEOD's forum, which, as many of you are aware, Philippe Thibaut keeps an eye on and even responds to directly from time to time.  That's a purely selfish suggestion, because I ultimately want the Boer and Zulu Wars too, and know that AACW and WIA got to be the way they are because players really wanted them and were vocal in the right way and the right places about what needed to be done.

Now that AGEOD is part of Paradox the days of publishing games that only ten people will buy are probably over.  But they may be able to get away with it if eleven people buy them (this is starting to sound like the Book of Job).

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Last edited by Philippe : 17 JAN 2012 1:42pm
Profile Search

17 JAN 2012 at 1:36pm

Reich36

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By leo

I agree with the Chinese Civil War, also the English civil war is a possibility.  You're right, The AGE system does civil wars best.  France didn't really have civil war after its revolution, but the Revolutionary Wars were quite eventful, with Valmy and of course Napoleons Italian Campaign.

English Civil War? Ooh that would be interesting with the Scots and Montrose! I like that. Italian Campaign too.

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 3:07pm

bbmike

Centurion
Centurion

I'm hoping for something from the Y170 period. You know, the General War. The Klingon invasion of the Federation would be great!   

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 3:41pm

redcoat2

Centurion
Centurion

The British Civil Wars of the 17th Century would be nice.  The Jacobite rebellions of the early 18th Century could also be covered by an 'English Civil War' game - with different units obviously.

Profile Search
17 JAN 2012 at 4:01pm

Azzurri

General
General

The really, really abstract battle resolution for the Aegod games just kill me!

Not a fan of their games as much as I tried to be (;

It is better to die by a swords quick thrust than to be impaled for a lifetime upon the sharp tongue of a woman.-Grimjack

Profile Search

Page 1 of 10 :

Jump to:
2 Members Subscribed To This Topic