Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: The Flare Path - Reading Room

Page 1

All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > The Flare Path - Reading Room
1 MAY 2012 at 4:21am

spelk

Commander
Commander

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/27/the-flare-path-reading-room/

RPS starts a list of War and Strategy games with relevant books to read around the subject.

Profile Search

1 MAY 2012 at 4:35am

Grim.Reaper

Centurion
Centurion

Awesome idea...I find myself always looking for good books when playing games based on real history.  Thanks for sharing!

Profile Search
1 MAY 2012 at 12:53pm

Rayfer

Commander
Commander

Excellent article....thanks.

Profile Search
1 MAY 2012 at 2:31pm

Xicano

Centurion
Centurion

A great article, thanks for posting the link. I haven't been to RPS in a while. Great reminder that I need to work it back into the surfing rotation.

As for "Team Yankee" and its relation to Steel Panthers, that is spot on. I was introduced to Coyle during my time in the SouthWest Asia sandbox as a young M1A1 Tanker but the crusty, old vets who imparted on me these romantic ideals of commanding a panzer and how "Team Yankee" and "Bright Star" or something like that were required reading for any Tanker worth his track grease.

Profile Search
1 MAY 2012 at 3:00pm

robc04

Centurion
Centurion

That is a good article, thanks spelk for posting it. 

I'm pretty lacking in my knowledge of history. I looking for a good book that gives a nice general overview of world history. If it takes several books to cover from the ancient world up until now that is ok too. Anyone have any favorites? Then I think jumping into more specific events would make more sense.

Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games

Profile Search
All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > The Flare Path - Reading Room

Page 1

Jump to:
0 Members Subscribed To This Topic