Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: ***SIGN UP***The Wargamer's Tournament***SIGN UP***

Topic Closed

Page 1

All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > ***SIGN UP***The Wargamer's Tournament***SIGN UP*** (closed)
13 MAY 2012 at 8:01pm

Szmania

Centurion
Centurion

The Wargamer's Tournament thread and where you can sign up can be found here: http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=58342

Vote Result:

Conflict of Heroes wins the vote

VOTING

Post the game you wish to play from the list below.

(Forum members can only vote once. Members with duplicate accounts that vote more than once will be disqualified)

If your suggestion is different from your vote just delete your suggestion post and post your voted game. If you suggested 2 games, please clarify which game you would like your vote to count for. If you do not clarify, we will decide which title for you.

Our staff will also be voting here as well.

We will be counting the posts of suggested and voted titles for the final count, only one vote per forum member. The specific scenario (tournament match specifications) will be decided upon by us after the game is determined.

Games to be VOTED On:

1. Time of Fury

2. Empire Deluxe http://killerbeesoftware.com/orders/index.shtml#PGBuy  (uncertain if we can provide this to our staff atm)

3. The Perfect General http://killerbeesoftware.com/orders/index.shtml#PGBuy  (uncertain if we can provide this to our staff atm)

4. Conflict of Heroes

5. Panzer Corps

6. Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy

7. Advanced Tactics Gold

8. Empires in Arms

9. Field of Glory

10. Battle Academy

Tournament Prizes: (will be updated daily)

Prizes Offered to Tournament Champion:

$40 gift card from Matrix Games http://www.matrixgames.com/

And

A choice between Paradox Interactive's PC Games Warlock: Master of the Arcane or Naval War: Arctic Circle

And

A choice between Battlefront's PC Games Theatre of War 3 or Strategic Command WW1: The Great War

And

$40 worth of gold, 10,000 gold points, for Wargaming.net's World of Tanks

Prizes Offered to ALL Tournament Participants:

HUGE Discounts on Petroglyph's Allied Assault and Russian Assault board game titles http://www.petroglyphgames.com/

And

Discount on Battlefront's Strategic Command Global Conflict GOLD Bundle (includes Global Conflict and GOLD expansion)

REMINDER: Voting will be closed this Sunday, May 27th, at 8pm EST. After of which we will start accepting tournament members.

ADDITIONAL INFO:

The Wargamer is hosting a wargame tournament!!! A staff vs. non-staff tournament. What game should we play? We're going to let The Wargamer community help us decide on a game; one that a good amount of us have and that will allow matches to be determined within a reasonable amount of time (within a day). Each match will involve two players and the time of the match will be determined by the availability of those two players. Several matches will be going on at the same time--think NBA playoffs here--so coordination will be key; but we can get into that later. When the time comes I will create a tournament tree with brackets and such. On one end of the tree will be The Wargamer staff and on the other will be the rest of the community. The finalists from both sides (conferences) will meet for a championship match. We're expecting the staff conference to be much smaller, but this works out because we have much work to do anyhow.  Prizes will be given to the finalists (game copies and perhaps other things) and HUGE discounts on games will be offered to tournament participants! Specifics will be determined later. And yes, Scott Parrino (Sigma One) will be in on this.

***This thread will be updated as ideas float around***

Last edited by Szmania : 29 MAY 2012 5:53am
Profile Search

13 MAY 2012 at 8:17pm

hairog

Commander
Commander

Time of Fury Third Reich scenario. 

Profile Search
13 MAY 2012 at 9:07pm

Wolverine101

Colonel
Colonel

Empire Deluxe http://killerbeesoftware.com/orders/index.shtml#PGBuy or The Perfect General.

Simple games that can be completed in a few hours.

Want is the foundation of impatience, a step without thought can be a drop without end

Dbeves: And LMFAO - didnt you just have to work battlefront into your response somewhere - you are priceless.

Listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYhAycDqhog 

"ha! GL getting THAT much...lolz"

Profile Search
14 MAY 2012 at 9:51am

Sigma One

General
General

I have been challenged it seems

I have a wide variety of games, but right now I am loving and playing the hell out of Conflict of Heroes.

Not sure how many people own it, but I also do own Panzer Corps, so I'll throw that in there as well.

Profile Search
14 MAY 2012 at 10:02am

Stryker07

Centurion
Centurion

CMBN  

Advanced Tactics Gold is one I think is simple enough, but I just love CMBN so I figured I would throw that out there  

Profile Search
15 MAY 2012 at 6:36am

spelk

Commander
Commander

Empire in Arms. 

Just to see how good the experience is.

Profile Search
16 MAY 2012 at 2:55pm

Szmania

Centurion
Centurion

Please be specific as to what scenarios you think would be suitable for the match timespan we are looking for.

Reminder: The game suggestions will be closed this Sunday, May 20th, at 8pm EST. After of which we will will sift through them, the titles we are able to play, and then the remainder will be voted on next week.

Profile Search
16 MAY 2012 at 2:56pm

Jarhead0331

Colonel
Colonel

Field of Glory, dudes.

"And They shall know no fear, for they are fear incarnate"

The Old Guard

Profile Search
16 MAY 2012 at 4:09pm

Blakjack

Centurion
Centurion

Throw in my vote for Panzer Corps

If you build an idiot-proof computer, someone will make a better idiot.

The Wargamers Tournament: Phase One Combatant Medal

Profile Search
18 MAY 2012 at 11:12am

Joram

Centurion
Centurion

I would do Conflict of Heroes.  The only other game I even have on that list is Field of Glory.

Profile Search
18 MAY 2012 at 1:49pm

Svend Karlson

Centurion
Centurion

Conflict of Heroes is already up, that'd be good, but let me also shout up for Battle Academy.

Profile Search

21 MAY 2012 at 6:14am

Anguille

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It's tough but i think that Field of Glory is good option for a turnament.

Forumrules

My all time favorite games:
Master of Orion, Caesar II, Civil War Generals II, Homeworld, Star Trek: Birth of the Federation, Far Gate, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Conquest: Frontier Wars, Master of Orion III, Spartan, Haegemonia: Legions of Iron, Knights of Honor, Port Royal II, Celtic Kings: Punic Wars, Rising Kingdoms, Glory of the Roman Empire, Armies of Exigo, Takeda 2 and 3, Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar and Armada 2526 Supernova, Strategic War in Europe

The Old Guard

Profile Search
21 MAY 2012 at 7:29am

charlescab

Centurion
Centurion

Conflict of Heroes!

Profile Search
21 MAY 2012 at 7:38am

charlescab

Centurion
Centurion

Conflict of Heroes Monster scenario is a brutal bloodbath from the opening moves, plus reinforcements for the russians on turn 3 are a tough surprise for the german player

Profile Search
21 MAY 2012 at 10:01am

MikeGER

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By charlescab (21 MAY 2012 7:38am)

Conflict of Heroes Monster scenario is a brutal bloodbath from the opening moves, plus reinforcements for the russians on turn 3 are a tough surprise for the german player

...there are rumors that a German tank got lost in transit from board to PC

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3107748 

PS: i would opt for CoH also

Last edited by Mike_GER : 21 MAY 2012 10:02am
Profile Search
22 MAY 2012 at 6:16am

Joram

Centurion
Centurion

Obviously I would vote for CoH but not the Monsters scenario!  An easier one like the Gap or General Petrov.

I'd also do FoG as long as one wasn't expected to knock out a scenario in a day.

Profile Search
22 MAY 2012 at 9:34am

Sigma One

General
General

CoH's The Gap is pretty challenging for both sides, and the Italy scenario for Panzer Corps is equally a challenge as well.

Profile Search
24 MAY 2012 at 12:20am

Szmania

Centurion
Centurion

After considering all the options, myself, I have chosen to vote for Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy. With our time constraint, its great graphics and tactical flexibility, my vote is cast for that game. It also offers a way to make sure the two opponents have equal forces.

Last edited by Szmania : 24 MAY 2012 12:25am
Profile Search
All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > ***SIGN UP***The Wargamer's Tournament***SIGN UP*** (closed)

Topic Closed

Page 1

Jump to:
1 Members Subscribed To This Topic