Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: Path of Exile (diablo3 but better) Open BETA 2days to go

Page 1

All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Path of Exile (diablo3 but better) Open BETA 2days to go
22 JAN 2013 at 2:47am

destraex

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.pathofexile.com/public/email/open-beta/browser-version.html

Not sure if anybody is interested. I am always interested in indy developers.

This one has been in alpha for a few years and goes into open BETA in a few days.

It may have a certain passion that the professional and stagnant diablo3 did not have.

Cliffs of Dover finally fixed

The Old Guard

Last edited by destraex : 22 JAN 2013 2:48am
Profile Search

22 JAN 2013 at 5:53am

Lightning

Centurion
Centurion

Looks interesting and I'll have to give it a try. On my second time through with Torchlight II and itching to try something in the same vein...

Last edited by Lightning : 22 JAN 2013 5:53am
Profile Search
22 JAN 2013 at 7:20am

Spharv2

Centurion
Centurion

Yup, playing this one off and on. (Love the skill web...definitely not a tree lol)  Also got in on the kickstarter for Grim Dawn, which is another game along these lines.  Both look like a much better job of doing what Diablo 3 tried.

Profile Search
22 JAN 2013 at 11:44am

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Thanks for the heads-up Destraex.  I had been playing Torchlight 2, and most recently the re-release of Sacred 2 Gold on Steam (now that it doesn't have the ridiculous DRM on it anymore!) lately.  But this one (PoE) looks to have the grittier art style I prefer in it.

I've not kept a close eye on it's progress lately, so I'm thrilled to hear that open beta starts tomorrow.  Fun fun!

Are you brave enough for 640kb?

The Old Guard

Profile Search
23 JAN 2013 at 4:40am

destraex

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A few screenshots of my BETA access.

This really is diablo2 with updated graphics. I love that you can zoom right into your character.

I fear the click is addictive but I will not last long.

Just deleted them for now as the spoilers I was using seem to have stopped working.

I can make them smaller though in future.

Spoiler AlertSpoiler Alert

Enter the spoiler text you want to hide

The Old Guard

Last edited by destraex : 24 JAN 2013 1:09am
Profile Search
23 JAN 2013 at 5:23am

Wolverine101

Colonel
Colonel

Lmao at the dialog from the players in that first scene.

Want is the foundation of impatience, a step without thought can be a drop without end

Dbeves: And LMFAO - didnt you just have to work battlefront into your response somewhere - you are priceless.

Listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYhAycDqhog 

"ha! GL getting THAT much...lolz"

Profile Search
23 JAN 2013 at 6:24am

ghostryder

Colonel
Colonel

Yeah typical online player gibberish...in just about every screenshot. It'll bring the game down.

The Old Guard

Profile Search
23 JAN 2013 at 8:27am

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

The only stupid one I see is the jackass who specifically made the "Ihatethisf**kinggame" name to troll chat. 

Luckily many of those dumbass mouthy kids play first-person shooters, so it could be worse.

The Old Guard

Profile Search
23 JAN 2013 at 8:31am

Wolverine101

Colonel
Colonel

Also, Des when are you going to learn to CROP a picture so it doesn't take more than the screen should have?

Nearly every one of your screenshot threads (and I enjoy them by the way) has at least one if not all WIDE SCREEN picture shots that do not blend well with the forum thread sizes.

CROPPING is your friend.  

Want is the foundation of impatience, a step without thought can be a drop without end

Dbeves: And LMFAO - didnt you just have to work battlefront into your response somewhere - you are priceless.

Last edited by Wolverine101 : 23 JAN 2013 8:34am
Profile Search
23 JAN 2013 at 10:18am

Nefaro

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Wolverine101 (23 JAN 2013 8:31am)

Nearly every one of your screenshot threads (and I enjoy them by the way) has at least one if not all WIDE SCREEN picture shots that do not blend well with the forum thread sizes.

I think the forum software needs to be set to allow scrolling the screen horizontally, for pics that don't fit your normal width.  Like many forums have.  You can rt-click and choose "view image" to see the whole thing anyway.

One thing I've not been terribly happy with is the forum software, and it's interface, here.  I suppose some of the extra hoops are to annoy spammers, but it can be a bit annoying all-around.  I can't even see some of the buttons on this page due to not having any horizontal scrolling.

The Old Guard

Last edited by Nefaro : 23 JAN 2013 10:19am
Profile Search
23 JAN 2013 at 10:54am

Wolverine101

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Nefaro (23 JAN 2013 10:18am)

I think the forum software needs to be set to allow scrolling the screen horizontally, for pics that don't fit your normal width.  Like many forums have.  You can rt-click and choose "view image" to see the whole thing anyway.

One thing I've not been terribly happy with is the forum software, and it's interface, here.  I suppose some of the extra hoops are to annoy spammers, but it can be a bit annoying all-around.  I can't even see some of the buttons on this page due to not having any horizontal scrolling.

How come you don't have horizontal scrolling? I have horizontal scrolling but I HATE to have to us it. lol Did you only pay for half a computer. hehe

What I don't have is rt-click view image now ain't that weird?

Last edited by Wolverine101 : 23 JAN 2013 10:55am
Profile Search

23 JAN 2013 at 2:34pm

destraex

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Also, Des when are you going to learn to CROP a picture so it doesn't take more than the screen should have?

CROPPING is your friend.  

Sorry about that. It is the spoiler tags that were not working.

They seemed to work in my Rome thread.

I will edit them after work when i get time.

The Old Guard

Profile Search
All Forums : [GAMES] : Computer Gaming > Path of Exile (diablo3 but better) Open BETA 2days to go

Page 1

Jump to:
0 Members Subscribed To This Topic