Paradox Interactive announced today that the already popular Civil War-based real time strategy game, Take Command: 2nd Manassas (preview
), has gone gold. Take Command: 2nd Manassas is the well-recieved sequel to last year's Civil War: The Battle of Bull Run. (review
) Expected to be shipping to stores on April 18 in North America and Scandinavia, April 21 in Germany and May 5 in the UK, Take Command: 2nd Manassas allows players to play both sides of the Civil War conflict command as much or as little as they want to accommodate different gameplay paces and levels of difficulty.
Take Command: 2nd Manassas also includes comprehensive statistics and battle reports in addition to in-depth training, morale, and leadership characteristics to include a Civil War reenactment experience that is as historically astute as can be. To assure a healthy length of replayability, this latest release of the Take Command will include 48 Scenarios from the three most important battles of the 2nd Manassas Campaign in addition to a linked Scenario Tree, where results of one battle carry over into the next.
Here's some additional features:
- 5 Gigantic battlefield maps based on historical records from the Library of Congress; the most accurate American Civil War battlefield maps available in a PC game
- 3 Modes of gameplay: Historical, Open Play, and Custom/User Created Battles
- Control thousands of troops and direct them over 3D terrain (including Generals, Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery and Supply Wagons)
- Accurate ballistics for weapons
- The ability to play as any leader in Custom/Open Play Battles
Get more information from Mad Minute Games
and also be sure to check out the demo
for a firsthand experience of Take Command: 2nd Manassas.