Publisher CDV has released a set of screenshots detailing DarkStar One, an open-ended action/adventure title set in space. Stretching across a huge universe populated by a variety of unique alien races, players will take on the role of an intrepid young adventurer, Kayron Jarvis, as he explores space, upgrading and customizing his ship – the DarkStar One.
Unlike previous spaceship-based action titles, the vast expanse of this fictional universe gives gamers a myriad of choices to earn money and progress through what CDV is describing as an "immersive" plot. And like any good spaceship-based action game, the player will be able to fully arm and customize their craft to meet their style of play.
- More than 200 weapons, shields and equipment upgrades -- including rockets, torpedoes and mines, each featuring a special tactical or trade benefit.
- The "Spell Weapon" -- the player will have a special weapon at his disposal that will have an area of effect similar to spells in role-playing games. This weapon will become increasingly powerful and versatile throughout the game.
- A vast universe -- comprised of more than four hundred solar systems populated by six distinct races; alien races utilize unique equipment and weapons, which the player may capture or purchase and use to upgrade the DarkStar One.
- A huge variety of special missions – The action takes place in environments such as canyons, planetary surfaces and planetary interiors
- A powerful 3D graphics engine --- ships, aliens, effects and environments are rendered in lush detail
More information is available from the developers website