Battlefront has released a huge pack of screenshots promoting the development progress of Histwar: Les Grognards, a Napoleonics real time strategy game. (screenshot feature
) Histwar: Les Grognards boasts an "innovative three tiered AI system", fantastic level of customization and editing, and meticulously crafted 3D accuracy of warfare during the period. Plus, if the game has the gumption to put Les Grognards in the title, it has to be accurate and meticulous.
Histwar: Les Grognards will cover combat from the years 1805-1814 with battles including over 50,000 3D models representing up to 500,000 Infantry soldiers, Cavalry and Artillerymen - all fully animated. The game also comes with with a fully endowed multiplayer mode that allows for 6 players on two sides to battle it out. On the singleplayer side of things, Histwar will include a trove of historical battles like Haslach, Austerlitz, Eylau, Friedland, Campaign of Eckmul, Wagram, Moscowa (Borodino), Berezina, Hanau and La Rothière with the ability to modify or create all new battles with the included game editors.
Other features include:
- Variable speed play from real time 1 minute = 1 minute to accelerated 10x time where 6 seconds of gametime = 1 minute of simulated time. PBEM mode played in 15 minute turns.
- Environmental effects such as rain, fog, snow and smoke.
- Units organized into historically accurate and individually controllable Regiments, Brigades, Divisions, Corps and Armies.
- Huge variety of troops types including; Sappers, Skirmishers, Grenadiers, Fusiliers, Chasseurs, Imperial, Middle and Young Guards, Hussars, Cuirassiers, Dragoons, Gendarmes, Carbiniers, Lancers and Mameluks among others.
- Variety of individually modeled and animated "personalities" such as Captains, Majors, Colonels, Flag and Standard Bearers and more.
- Play as any of 15 different major, minor and city state military powers including France, Russia, Austria, Wurtenmberg, Saxony, Poland, Italy and Naples.
- Exhaustively researched Table of Organization and Equipment for all the major combatants included.
- Over 1150 historical Regiments, 4000 unique commanders and 550 accurate military uniforms included.
- Innovative 3 tiered Artificial Intelligence system models the difficulty and challenges of command in the early 19th century battlefield.
- 3 different game editors (Map, Order of Battle and Doctrine) allow you to build your own battles or modify the included ones, create your own armies and customize specific characteristics and abilities of any unit or commander.
- Create maps in size from 6 x 4.5 Km to 30 x 22.5 Km (over 660 square kilometers)
- Ability to create and design your own custom uniforms.
- Variety of camera views supported including exciting 3D Real World and Bird's Eye views plus a 3D Symbolic map and 2D Strategic Overview mode.
- Realistic combat resolution and modeling which takes into account such factors as orientation and density of unit formations, their training, combat effectiveness, fatigue and morale.
- Advanced morale engine accounts for a variety of elements including proximity to friendly commanders and units, weather effects, level of sustained losses, overall fatigue and more.
Get more info on Histwar: Les Grognards from Battlefront.com