Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com), 2 by 3 Games (www.2by3games.com), and Henderson Field Designs are thrilled to release a brand new pack of screenshots detailing some of the gorgeous new art and gameplay coming to gamers in War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition, due to be released later this year.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “The folks over at Henderson Field Designs are still hard at work improving, augmenting, and revamping War in the Pacific to further improve upon the phenomenal realism, detail and gameplay found in the original. War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition will be THE game to own for any Pacific Theater fans as it is unparalleled in so many ways.”
This upcoming new expansion for the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games, Admiral’s Edition adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition promises gamers the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!
Just a small snippet of the new features available with Admiral’s Edition include:
- An all new 40 nautical mile per hex map covering the entire Pacific theater and off-map bases
- Six new scenarios, including a new grand campaign with meticulously researched orders of battle
- Improved naval operations, including waypoints, mid-ocean intercepts, new ship classes and devises and a greatly improved ship upgrade system, engine vs. system damage, new ship art and realistic new port limits for ships, cargo and repairs
- Improved air operations, including more realistic CAP, more detailed and realistic dogfighting, an improved pilot skill and replacement system, persistent plane damage and more realistic plane maintenance, improved for of war, new aircraft art and over 500 airplane types
- Improved land operations, including transportation networks defined by hex-side, new operations modes for land units, dynamic zone of control, tactical movement, improved fog of war and overstacking rules for atolls and small islands.
- Improved economy and industry to reflect more realistic operations as well as more historical balance
- The most historical and detailed order of battle for the Pacific War ever put into a wargame!
- A new scenario editor, built from the ground up to make scenario and mod-making easier, with expanded slot limits, text search and upgradable unit TO&Es
- Printed 196 page COLOR manual (boxed copy only)
Get more information on War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition from its product page
and check out the hefty new pack of screenshots! The upcoming War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition is not a standalone release and will require a valid copy of War in the Pacific to install and play.