Today leading video game Publisher Lighthouse Interactive and accomplished developer Kerberos Productions, announced that A Murder of Crows, the latest expansion to their highly acclaimed 4X space strategy game Sword of the Stars (PC) franchise, has reached gold status. In addition to the debut of the Morrigi (the sixth new race in the Sword of the Stars universe) new ships, sections, and weapons are available for the Human, Zuul, Hiver, Liir, and Tarkas races, which brings a competitive and fresh style of gameplay to the series. A Murder of Crows is available exclusively at GamersGate.com beginning October 9, 2008, but fans can pre-order now. Players are required to have either Sword of the Stars: Collector’s Edition or Born of Blood to join in the action.
“This new expansion exemplifies Kerberos’ continued commitment to the vast and dedicated SotS community,” said Steve Wall, Vice President Business Development at Lighthouse Interactive. “Fans will revel in the dynamic new gameplay they’re about to experience. For those new to the SotS universe, we encourage you to check out the teaser we released this week and visit the official website. This IS the game for space strategy fans, so you don’t miss it!”
Six never-before-seen screenshots accompany this press release. Download them at: www.lighthouse-interactive.com
For more information about Sword of the Stars: A Murder of Crows, please visit: www.swordofthestars.com or www.lighthouse-interactive.com.
Lighthouse Interactive is part of SilverBirch Inc.'s (SVB:TSXV) video game division.
While the four civilized races battle back the voracious Zuul and seek advantage over each other, a ghost from the past returns to the galaxy in the form of the manipulative Morrigi. Already known for their dark crow-shaped attack drones and deadly traps, this race once thought long extinct, returns looking for vengeance.
Using never-before-seen weapons, ships and tactics, the Morrigi fall upon the other five races of the Sword of the Stars universe, who must now adapt to the ancient masters of space or be destroyed.
Time is of the essence as world after world falls to the black winged ships that surge out of the dark like A Murder of Crows.
• A New Sixth race – The Morrigi, who appeared as a series of mysterious random events in Born of Blood (the first Sword of the Stars expansion pack), continues to evolve the ever-expanding Sword of the Stars universe
• New Ship Sections - Over a dozen new ship sections for all races to match against your opponents
• Unique ‘Grav Flock’ Drive System for Morrigi Ships – The more Morrigi ships in a fleet, the faster they can travel, continuing the racial diversity unique to the Sword of the Stars gameplay experience
• 15 new weapons
• 27 new technologies and the new Xeno-Cultural and Drones tech trees
• Sword of the Stars gameplay continues to deepen with Civilian populations, independent worlds, Espionage options, and demands for planetary surrender
• Drone carrying ships in all three size classes
• Construction ships, a variety of orbital stations, spy ships, Police Cutters, and more
• A whole new set of GUI enhancements and additions
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS: Windows® 2000/XP/Vista™
CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD® processor
RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended for Windows® Vista™)
Video: DirectX® 9 compliant video card with 256 MB RAM
PC CD/DVD-ROM: 4x speed
Available Hard Disk Space: 4 GB
Sound: DirectX® 8.1 compatible sound card
Multiplayer: High-speed Internet connection
Other: Mouse, Keyboard, and Sound Speakers