Victoria II: A House Divided Expansion Released
First expansion and launch trailer now available.
Paradox Interactive announced today the release of their first expansion for their grand stategy title Victoria II, titled A House Divided. The expansion focuses on the American Civil War, introducing a new starting point of 1861, allowing players to guide the United States through a time of turmoil and lead it to become a global superpower at the start of the 20th century.
Developed by the same time that made Hearts of Iron and Europa Universalis, players will face the challenge of keeping the United States together as the South emerges from secession and enters into a war of its own independence.
A list of features of Victoria II: A House Divided include:
- New starting point in 1861 allowing players to experience the US Civil War from the start
- Manufacture reasons to go to war with other countries, all in the quest for power
- Civilize your country with various new reform paths to ultimately become equal with European nations
- Invest in building infrastructure and factories in other countries to strengthen their ties to you
- Deeper political system with new national focus options and new types of reforms
- New system of popular movements that can be appeased or suppressed, but if ignored will become the revolutionaries of tomorrow
- Improved interface with more information easily available to improve the gameplay