Achtung Panzer: Operation Star Now Available by Matrix Games
Realistic World War II 3D tactical combat available for purchase.
Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Graviteam (www.graviteam.com) announced today that Achtung Panzer: Operation Star is now available on the Matrix Games online store. The turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame is a sequel that continues the series from Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Players take the role of a commander in charge of Kharkov's defense (or its capture) utilizing their command of tanks, guns and infantry from German or Soviet forces. With large, sprawling battlefields that can be as big as 260 square kilometers, players will have to use their tactical wit for victory on the field.
The game features eight operations for the Red Army and the Wehrmacht, with more than sixty detailed units to use from the Soviet Union, Germany, and the UK. Tanks such as the Pz IV "Tiger", Mk II "Matilda", and the KV-1 are available at the player's command. Players will also face a challenging AI that doesn't rely on scripting, but rather chooses its strategy based on behavior, which leads to higher replayability.
Additional features include:
- Detailed recreation of weapons and realistic ballistics: bullets and projectiles follow accurate trajectories
- Comprehensive vehicle damage system: engine, suspension, weapons, and aiming mechanisms can all be damaged separately, affecting the combat capabilities of the vehicle
- Destructible environment: nearly everything can be blasted and destroyed, from ground terrain to houses and enemy defenses. All traces of previous battles remain on the battlefield
- Dynamic day, night and weather effects, all of which affect combat through terrain traversability, battlefield visibility, hidden force capabilities, and more, smoke screens, light flares etc.
- Military encyclopedia with 3D model viewer and detailed data on all units, describing their historical and in-game characteristics
For more information, visit the official product page for Achtung Panzer: Operation Star on the Matrix Games site.