Combat Mission Touch Now Available for iPad 2
Combat Mission series makes its transition to portable tablet.
Battlefront.com (www.battlefront.com) announced today that their critically-acclaimed and stand out title Combat Mission has been brought to the Apple iPad, titled Combat Mission Touch. The title is the result of Battlefront.com and Dromedary LLC (www.dromedaryworldwide.com) working together.
Available exclusively on the Apple App Store for the iPad 2, Combat Mission Touch blends 3D wargame fun with realism to create a unique and immersive experience. Utilizing the famous turn-based "WEGO" play mode of simultaneous planning and execution phases, players must plan their moves and watch as the action unfolds in front of them.
Combat Mission Touch features:
- Full 3D view of the battlefield
- Smoothly zoom from bird's eye for strategic control down to eye level for tactical awareness
- Command historically accurate vehicles and infantry units like the M4 Sherman Tank or the German Panther tank
- Play solo or head-to-head on the Internet
- Invite your friends on GameCenter
- Find opponents on the Internet automatically
- Watch replays of battles and share them with friends ... or enemies
- Watch and replay every detail of the action from any angle
- Realistic ballistics and armor penetration algorithms; make no mistake, fun as it is, this is a true wargame!
- Realistically simulated weapons and effects
- Troop morale and fatigue
- Forward observers and artillery
- WEGO (as in: "we go together" simultaneous planning and action phases) - the fun of fast paced action with the strategy of turns
- Battle across vast distances (2km x 2km maps!)
- Play as Americans or Germans
- Fight on the beaches, hills, and bocage of France
- Includes 7 unique and detailed maps and historical combat missions: Uncle Red Beach ∙ Morning of the 902nd ∙ Panzer Ace ∙ Off the Beach! ∙ Crossroads ∙ Battlegroup Scholze ∙ Ravenstein's Bridge
- More maps and missions will be made available in-app
- Includes tutorial video... you had better do what the Drill Sergeant $@*!% asks you to!