Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear Has Been Released
Tactical turn-based strategy game hits the shelves.
Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com), Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and Western Civilization Software (www.west-civ.com) along with Uwe Rickert (www.academy-games.com) have official released Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! The game is a tactical turn-based World War II title derived from the current popular boardgame series of the same name.
Players can play as the Germans or the Russian on the Eastern Front during the period of 1941-1942. Players have a full array of units to choose from, ranging from armor, motar units, and infantry. Units can be displayed in chit-style graphics or in full 3D, as well as viewed from the classic top-down 2D view or manuerverable 3D camera.
The full feature list of Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! include:
- Official adaptation of the multiple award-winning board game Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear!
- Full 3D Graphics as well as board game-style Chit graphics. Supports a flexible 3D camera view or top down 2D camera view.
- Fun: Quick-paced simultaneous play allows both players to interact with no waiting.
- Fast: Scenarios vary in length from only 1/2 hour to 2-3 hours.
- Easy: Teach a new player how to play in ten minutes! Full in-game tutorials included as well as a full color printed manual.
- Historically Accurate: Learn the unique tactics and logistics used by each historical faction.
- Challenging: Realistic military tactics are required to win.
- Full AI: Play any scenario against the computer when a human opponent is unavailable
- Multi-player: TCP/IP Multiplayer support with game lobby and forum for internet play (requires one open port) as well as LAN play support
- Awakening the Bear Firefights: Ten Scenarios faithfully adapted from the original board game
- Commanding Heights Firefights: Five new scenarios set in the Kerch Peninsula in 1942
- Frontier Firefights: Eleven new scenarios set across the Eastern Front in 1941-1942
- Point Buy Firefight: "Partisan Road", a flexible and replayable point-buy scenario
- Full Scenario Editor: Create and share new scenarios using any of the "Awakening the Bear!" units