Strategic Command WW1: 1914-1918 The Great War Updated
Strategic Command WW1: 1914-1918 The Great War has been updated to version 1.05.
Furysoftware has released patch 1.05 for Strategic Command WW1: 1914-1918 The Great War. Due to the community's support improvements to the AI, game engine, and campaign have been made. Official site can be found HERE.
Key New Features include:
- An option to pause the video during E-Mail game replays
- The 'L' Hotkey can now be used to review summaries from the previous turn as many times as desired.
- Recon aircraft will now be able to spot whether or not enemy commerce raiders are still in their previously suspected locations
Key Improvements to the Main WWI Campaigns:
- The terrain around Lemberg and Przemysl has been amended to better reflect the geography of the area, and this will lead to even stiffer fighting for these fortresses in 1914.
- The British now have an option to accept or reject an armistice with the Ottomans when the latter's National Morale has fallen to a low level. If the British reject an armistice, then they will face a tougher struggle, but ultimately success will end in the total surrender of the Ottoman Empire.
Key Improvements to 1939 Storm over Europe:
- A significant change to the defence of France, as French National Morale will now suffer if a British Expeditionary Force isn't sent to France. Coupled with this, sending a large British force to France will actually boost French National Morale. Thus the fate of France is now in British hands more than ever before!
- Germany now has the option to form the 7th Luftwaffe Division in 1939 ready for use in Poland, or for an early attack on France or elsewhere!
- And much more, including bug fixes and AI enhancements... enjoy!
Patch 1.05 can be found HERE
About Strategic Command WW1: 1914-1918 The Great War
Strategic Command World War I: The Great War 1914-1918 is the latest grand strategy game in the series from award winning game designer Hubert Cater. It is more than just another addition to the Strategic Command series - it is an entire game engine at your fingertips! Set in a fully enhanced two-dimensional isometric environment, Strategic Command World War I: The Great War 1914-1918 combines the ease of play and accessibility of previous releases in the Strategic Command series, while adding a number of new features, including some based on suggestions submitted by players.
- 35 countries, 8 major and 27 minor belligerents (up to 65 nations possible with the Editor)
- 23 unit types with up to 30 different unit characteristics
- Over 400 different in-game events as well as over 90 decision events
- Fog of War, Weather including Snow, Rain and Sandstorms, Roads, Rail and Convoy Routing and Surface Raiding
- Single Player via the critically acclaimed and proven AI engine
- Multiplayer via Hotseat, Play-By-Email, Network (TCP/IP)