After months of "development and testing," Stardock entertainment today sent word that their GalCiv expansion pack, Altarian Prophecy, has gone gold.
Scheduled for release on June 15, 2004, the expansion Galactic Civilizations: Altarian Prophecy is said to provide these new features to the 2003 released Galciv:
• Two new major alien civilizations with their own artificial intelligence engines.
• A new campaign called “The Altarian Prophecy” that explores the history of one of the major alien civilizations.
• A Map editor that allows players to design their own custom maps. Previously Galactic Civilizations used randomly generated maps each game. Now players will be able to load maps and create their own.
• A scenario editor that enables players to create specific game environments. For example, players can create scenarios that begin the game with players on teams. Previously, Galactic Civilizations only supported “free for all” starts. The scenario editor also allows players to tweak the various game rules and settings, triggers to generate custom winning conditions, and much more.
• A Campaign editor allows users to create a set of games that are linked together to tell a story. “The Altarian Prophecy” is the included campaign that takes players deep into the Galactic Civilizations mythos to give the back story about the alien civilization, Altarian Republic.
• Dozens of new technologies, ships, planetary improvements, game tweaks, game setup options, and more.
All in all, says Stardock, the expansion pack will include hundreds of new features and improvements throughout all aspects of gameplay and interface.
For more information about Galciv and its soon to be released expansion, click here