Field of Glory: Rise of Rome Expansion Announced20 Jan 2010 0
Rise of Rome is an expansion pack for Field of Glory Digital and requires Field of Glory Digitial. It adds a host of new features to single and multiplayer and a vast number of armies and troops types making this more than just an expansion pack - it is an entirely new game! The Wargamer's review of Field of Glory can be found here. Field of Glory Digital is based on the popular Field of Glory tabletop wargaming system from Slitherine, the PC version takes care of all the calculations and measurements and just leaves you to make the important and fun decisions.
- A comprehensive army builder which allows you to design armies to a specific number of points and then take these armies in to single player against the AI or online in multiplayer. This adds almost infinite replayability.
- New random battle generator using armies created in the army builder for single and multiplayer.
- A new Line of Sight option. Games can be played with or without LOS. Hide battlegroups in terrain, behind hills or other troops. Beware of ambushes!
- Baggage camps which appear in battle and can be looted for bonus points. Some armies are allowed to fortify their baggage.
- Temporary fortifications such as palisades which can be defended.
- Over 100 new unit types including camelry, scythed chariots and artillery!
- 5 New terrain types - broken ground, impassable terrain, open fields, vineyards & steep hills.
- 6 new battles from the Greek & Persian wars, Macedonian & Punic War's and from Rome?s expansion.
- Mid-Republican Roman
- Late Republican Roman
- Later Carthaginian
- Ancient Spanish
- Later Macedonian
- Attalid Pergamene
- Numidian or Early Moorish
- Later Seleucid
- Later Ptolemaic
- Spartacus Slave Revolt
- Early Armenian
- Later Jewish
In addition to those armies there will be a selection of allied armies to bolster your main force.