Hearts of Iron IV thunders onto Steam06 Jun 2016 6
Paradox is having a pretty good year. On top of great expansions for existing games like Europa Universalis IV and Cities: Skylines, they've also released the pretty fantastic Stellaris and today have launched the latest in the Hearts of Iron series, Hearts of Iron IV.
If you're familiar with the Hearts of Iron series then you're probably already playing IV and aren't reading this. Good for you! For the rest of us, Hearts of Iron IV takes Paradox's real-time engine and covers it with a thick coat of World War II. You can choose to play any country in the world and, using diplomacy and war, change history. You want to play as one of the major combatants? Go ahead. Want to play as Angola? Why not? You can start your journey in 1939 at the war's beginning or begin a little earlier in 1936 and give your nation time to prepare for the coming conflagration.
- Total strategic war: War is not only won on land, sea and in the air. It’s also achieved in the hearts and minds of men and women.
- Authentic real-time war simulation: Let the greatest commanders of WW2 fight your war with the tools of the time; tanks, planes, ships, guns and newly discovered weapons of mass destruction.
- Assume control of any nation: Choose from the greatest powers striving for victory, or the small nations trying to weather the storm.
- Turn the world into your battlefield: Experience the full WWII timespan in a topographical map complete with seasons, weather and terrain. Snow, mud, storms can be both your strong ally and a ruthless enemy.
- Negotiate or force your will: Experience the advanced politics and diplomacy systems, form factions, engage in trade for resources and appoint ministers to your party.
- Intense Online Combat: Battle in both competitive and cooperative multiplayer for up to 32 players. Featuring hotjoin and cross-platform multiplayer.
- Give your nation a unique edge: Experience the flexible technology system, where all major powers get their own unique identity. Develop detailed historic tanks and planes through research and army experience.
Hearts of Iron IV is available for PC and Mac. Yes, even us Mac owners get to play this one. Yay, Paradox! You can nab it right now on Steam.